Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Profile and Fun Flying Planes
Reload this Page >

First 3d/Funfly plane (JWillaims read this)

Community
Search
Notices
Profile and Fun Flying Planes If you're a profile fan or into fun flyers than this is the forum to discuss those topics.

First 3d/Funfly plane (JWillaims read this)

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2003, 01:54 PM
Blackhawk3D

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First 3d/Funfly plane (JWillaims read this)

JWillaims, what do you think about the OMP Edge as a first funfly? It does look better bud does it fly similar? I could probably get either of them.
Old 05-21-2003, 10:37 PM
Blackhawk3D

What do you guys think about an OMP edge as the first one, I like the looks better but if the knife is a better first airplane I will get it. It will be a while so I have alot of time to decide.
Old 05-22-2003, 12:54 AM
ChuckAuger
My Feedback: (12)

Read post #22..if you don't believe what JWilliams is telling you, then try JRozman on for size. He is one of the most talented flyers around, has flown all the planes you mentioned (as has JWilliams), and has offered his advice in this thread.

There will come a time when you will have to accept at least some of the advice these guys are giving you or you will find that your posts will be ignored. Harsh but true.

Or whip out the dartboard.
Old 05-22-2003, 01:16 AM
JWilliams
My Feedback: (6)

Blackhawk3D, I have not flown the omp edge enough to go that far. But I can tell you it is a great airplane. It is more capable than the knife and you really could not go wrong with either airplane.
Jeff W.
Old 05-22-2003, 01:34 PM
Blackhawk3D

sorry, I just knew he designed the sledge so I thought he would know alot. I am just getting into this 3D/Funfly stuff so I don't know who is just blowing smoke and who really knows. I think I will get the OMP for now, but it might change after I look at both of them. I can't go wrong with either of them so it must be up to me. I just don't like making big descisions without getting alot of input, I want to get the best that I can get. I am a perfectionist. I want the best plane to fly, I want to build it the best, I want to fly it the best. I do like the OMP better though, I think I will go with that with all the input from JRozman, JWillaims, Chuck Auger, and others. I really appreciate the help.
Old 05-22-2003, 04:05 PM
JWilliams
My Feedback: (6)

Blackhawk3D, tell Mike Pilkenton I want a commission check for this sale. <LOL> Jeff Williams
Old 05-22-2003, 10:15 PM
Blackhawk3D

good one!
Old 05-22-2003, 10:43 PM
ChuckAuger
My Feedback: (12)

Good choice!

I couldn't recommend it since I haven't flown one.

While I have the Sledge and Top Cap, I too am always looking for something else. If it is any consolation, I recently bought a OMP 540. I haven't got it yet (they sold out at the Joe Nall fly-in) it should ship in a couple of weeks.

So place that order and tell Mike that every Jeff Williams you know told you to get one!

And as an added side bonus, there is a current OMP 540 buiding thread...plenty of guys to hit up for building advice once you get started.

Here is a pic of both Jeff Williams' and their Sledges..Hint..I'm the handsome one LOL
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	80692_150.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	56.9 KB
ID:	46802