Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Profile and Fun Flying Planes
Reload this Page >

fun fly tiger wing question??????

Community
Search
Notices
Profile and Fun Flying Planes If you're a profile fan or into fun flyers than this is the forum to discuss those topics.

fun fly tiger wing question??????

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2003, 02:06 AM
Holton50

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fun fly tiger wing question??????

i have a fun fly tiger.. The wing on the plane is supposed be mounted so that the servo hatches are pointing up. I was wondering if it would be alright to mount the wings so that the servo hatches are facing the ground. ( upside down). The wings are symmetrical so i would think it would be no problem, let me know what you guys think.

Thanks
Old 07-09-2003, 06:32 AM
BotleRocketWar

I've read a few stories about the hatches coming off the bottom and then the batteries or servos just fly out...

As long as everything is secure, I think you can do it either way.
Old 07-09-2003, 06:18 PM
DA2000
My Feedback: (2)

You can put the wing on either way. The only problem having the servos on the bottom is you need to seal the front and sides of the right servo cover to keep oil out. If you only use the cover to hold your battery and receiver in the wing, then you are just asking to loose them. I mounted my receiver on top of the battery between the servo rails and used a length of velcro to wrap around both the rails. The velcro wrap supports both the top and the bottom of the flight pack. Both the battery and receiver are wrapped with 1/4" foam rubber. Works great. I also replaced the crappy plastic pushrods with the wire ones because they had too much play. Good luck.
JB
Old 07-11-2003, 12:30 AM
Holton50

thanks ill try it
Old 07-11-2003, 12:47 AM
krayzc-RCU
My Feedback: (31)

i did mine with the doors on the bottom; however, i re-made mine out of light ply as i think the orginal doors are balsa wood.... a much cleaner look