Community
Search
Notices
Profile and Fun Flying Planes If you're a profile fan or into fun flyers than this is the forum to discuss those topics.

first glow plane

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2003, 01:58 AM
electricfan
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default first glow plane

hey. after seeing me fly my electric funflyer at the field, some of the other flyers told me i wouldnt have a problem flying a glow profile plane. im looking at the fun 51 because its the cheapest one i could find (hey im only 14!). would this be a good beginner glow profile plane? i want to get the plane/engine combo from tower and i wanna know what prop i should use with that setup. ive never flown glow before, and i dont really want a trainer because i think im good enough to get a funflyer. tell me what you guys think. thanks
Old 07-14-2003, 02:20 AM
Gordo-ProBro
Banned

Default first glow plane

Look into the FF Taco from Paul Swaney here on RCU. I think the FF Taco full kit is $50, a bargain if you ask me. The only guy I knew who got the Tower said "you get what you pay for" which didn't sound good.

gordo
Old 07-14-2003, 11:04 AM
Billy Hell
My Feedback: (2)

Default first glow plane

I think I'm actually the guy that said that! Good to see you on RCU. The plane you mentioned isn't going to do all that you want to do. Good to see you are open to glow and electric. They are both good ways to fly and very different too!
I think the Taco would be a great plane for you and not too expensive. Plus Paul Swany is a great guy and a Brother. If not the Taco then the Knife. You can get everything else you need here in town. Talk to me next Wed. at the field.
Old 07-14-2003, 01:13 PM
electricfan
My Feedback: (1)

Default first glow plane

ok cool. for now i want something that is like a mix b/w a trainer and a funflyer, then move on to better planes. of course i still have to save up for a couple of months. see you at the field
Old 07-14-2003, 04:23 PM
capthis
My Feedback: (67)

Default first glow plane

I think the tower fun 51 would make a good first plane as long as you aren't afraid to modify it. I had the extra special that was a pretty good plane once I moved the hinge lines forward on the elevator enlarged the rudder, and the alierons. It would do quite a bit of 3-d stuff, and the fun 51 isn't that much different. I think the wing is the same? Anyway my point is, if you can get a fun 51 on sale, and build it with some mods, as I described, it would be a good flyer. Or you could buy pauls kit and build it stick and have a good flyer. Or you could build a fun 51 stock and have a good flyer that just wouldn't be as capable as the modified on. Just my thoughts. Oh and here is a pic of my extra special tail so you can see the mods. I also moved the angle of the elevator to allow more rudder throw.
Attached Images  
Old 07-14-2003, 04:25 PM
capthis
My Feedback: (67)

Default first glow plane

Here is a pic of the plane. Didn't fly nearly as good as a sledge, but before its demise it had sevral rudder taps, on its record.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	93801_2389.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	63.6 KB
ID:	53841