Community
Search
Notices
Profile and Fun Flying Planes If you're a profile fan or into fun flyers than this is the forum to discuss those topics.

Knife flatspins

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2003, 10:12 PM
rhd-RCU
My Feedback: (36)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Knife flatspins

Hi,
I can't get my Knife to flat spin. I have the CG 5 inches back.
Old 07-19-2003, 12:50 AM
Gordo-ProBro
Banned

Default Knife flatspins

Wow, I'm very surprised to hear that. Mine flats well, and very easy. I won't go into how, 'cause every way I know of works. The only thing I can imagine that could stop it would be too little elevator throw. I found out last night that mine will flat with JUST elevator, no rudder or ailerons. It's a bit weird looking, but fun.

Max the ele and it will spin!
Old 07-19-2003, 01:11 AM
TERMAGATOR
My Feedback: (2)

Default Re: Knife flatspins

Originally posted by rhd
Hi,
I can't get my Knife to flat spin. I have the CG 5 inches back.
whats it doing when you try to FS?.....if its kick'n out, try low rate aileron.
also if you have them , try it with flaperons on. it may take some experimenting with the throws to get it to enter and sustain the FS

good luck...let us know what works for you...Gator
Old 07-19-2003, 12:55 PM
rhd-RCU

Default Knife flatspins

Hi,
I have a couple of ways of entering them. I usually go straight up at full throttle and hit full up , left rudder, and left aileron. After a couple of seconds the plane sort of slows down and I hit opposite aileron. This works great on my other planes. Even a 4 star. I have all the dual rates on one switch. I will have to change the programing and give that a try.
Old 07-19-2003, 06:25 PM
TERMAGATOR

Default Knife flatspins

yeah .....get the rates on different switches...gives you more options IMHO....Gator
Old 07-20-2003, 02:14 AM
Vref

Default Knife flatspins

you may be putting too much opposite aileron, slowly slide it over until she gets the attitude your looking for.?
CM
Old 07-20-2003, 01:16 PM
rhd-RCU

Default Knife flatspins

This is what I did and now I can get it into a flatspin. It is not very tight or fast, but it is a flat spin. Thanks guys for your help.
Old 07-20-2003, 03:41 PM
Billy Hell

Default Knife flatspins

The best and quickest way for me to get the Knife inverted and flat is to get her way up there and then go to idle....FWOOP, the plane flops over and is heading straight down, do three left rolls and BANG hit the upper inner corners and start sliding the aileron over to center until flat. It's just a blender but it really gets me flat fast and it is a good show stopper.
Old 07-21-2003, 02:27 PM
f2racer

Default Knife flatspins

My Knife did (notice the word did) the sweetest flat spins. I basically had had the controls as set in the manuals (+/- 1/4 inch throw). Set the plane to dual rate lows on aileron and elevator and high on rudder, get the plane high, drop to idle. Right before stall yank full left rudder/throttle, and full right ailerons/elevator. The plane would basically start chasing it's tail completely flat upright. Doesn't even need any centering of the ailerons to remain flat. And it comes down like a feather. I actually landed in while the plane was in flat spin on a couple of occasions. Inverted is basically the same procedure, but start up-side-down and yank the sticks opposite...