Community
Search
Notices
Profile and Fun Flying Planes If you're a profile fan or into fun flyers than this is the forum to discuss those topics.

Profile Plumbing

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2003, 02:39 AM
SKYPYRO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Profile Plumbing

How are you guys routing your fuel lines from the tank to the engine? I have an OMP Edge 540 with a 46 FX, and the tank on the opposite side of the engine. Right now I have the fuel lines going right behind the backplate, through the little slot left over between the backplate and back of the engine slot. It seems like the turn is too sharp and the tubing is too long, which is not good for hovering, etc. Please post how you routed your tubing, or pics would be extremely helpful. Thanks in advance,

Dan
Old 07-26-2003, 03:22 AM
PaulSwany
My Feedback: (45)

Default Profile Plumbing

I've had the best luck with the setup your using... Just make sure that the lines aren't pinched at all....
Old 07-26-2003, 03:43 AM
SKYPYRO

Default Profile Plumbing

I tried running the engine a little while back with this setup, and it was disgustingly unreliable and underpowered. This was *not* the engine, as it had been run a few days ago in a different plane, and has idled for 10 minutes and still throttled right up with no hesitation. I took apart the tank earlier today and found the fuel tubing split right at the clunk, but I'm not sure this was it because the whole thing was covered in fuel anyways. One last thing that may have been it: I did not have any foam rubber in between the tank and the fuse. Could this have foamed the fuel up enough to cause the problems? Thanks again,

Dan
Old 07-26-2003, 03:44 AM
akahoverit
My Feedback: (2)

Default Profile Plumbing

Drill a hole where you think is the best place for it, I didn't drill one for the pressure line, just from the tank to the carb.
Old 07-26-2003, 04:00 AM
PaulSwany
My Feedback: (45)

Default Profile Plumbing

The lack of foam was definitely a problem... Also, make sure to not clamp the tank down too tight.
Old 07-26-2003, 05:45 AM
SKYPYRO

Default Profile Plumbing

Hmm, the tank was pretty tight. Thanks guys, I was almost going to go totally electric!

Dan
Old 07-26-2003, 01:41 PM
Gordo-ProBro
Banned

Default Profile Plumbing

I do as Hoverit, I drilled holes for the fuel lines and installed them right through the fuse. On my Knife, I can route them through the engine mount with room to spare. On my Taco, I did it like you have it the first time, and after about 3 flights, one line was touching the prop! (tank moved forward a little bit.)

later
Gordo
Old 07-26-2003, 02:22 PM
Hacker

Default Profile Plumbing

I always put tank in wing...even in my taco...clean...no problems runs to LAST drop..os 46fx
Old 07-26-2003, 05:59 PM
Gordo-ProBro
Banned

Default Profile Plumbing

Hacker, you're just braver than me! I love seeing the tank, and several leaks inside the fuse later, I love th ease of repair. But I agree, looks and probably flies better!
Old 07-26-2003, 07:00 PM
JLS
My Feedback: (19)

Default Profile Plumbing

Hacker,
What size tank did you get to fit into your taco wing?
Old 07-26-2003, 08:39 PM
Hacker

Default Profile Plumbing

4oz sullivan...on its side. vent tube up to side...fits like in there like....well , really good en tight !