Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Profile and Fun Flying Planes
Reload this Page >

TopCap ARF pull-pull setup question

Community
Search
Notices
Profile and Fun Flying Planes If you're a profile fan or into fun flyers than this is the forum to discuss those topics.

TopCap ARF pull-pull setup question

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2003, 04:35 AM
Wrong_Stuff

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TopCap ARF pull-pull setup question

Hello Folks

This is my first experience with a pull-pull setup so please be nice

Just finished putting the pull-pull system on the rudder and elevator of my new Morris TopCap ARF.

Using Hitech HS-425BB Servos with Du-Bro Super Servo Arms, nice thin braided cable, and standard control horns.

The cables are tight ... very tight. I trimmed the control surfaces and when I give input into the radio then re-center the sticks, the rudder and elevator are out of trim again. Always out of trim in the direction they are returning from. i.e. ... if i give left rudder then re-center the stick, the rudder is out of trim to the left.

Will this problem correct itself with wind traveling over the control surfaces or will I constantly have to trim the plane in flight?

Please advise.
Old 07-26-2003, 04:39 AM
akahoverit
My Feedback: (2)

Your cables are too tight, they need to be taunt not tight. its pull pull not a band saw, just kidding.
Old 07-26-2003, 04:45 AM
Wrong_Stuff

Originally posted by akahoverit
Your cables are too tight, they need to be taunt not tight. its pull pull not a band saw, just kidding.
LOL ... I will loosen the cable tension then. Here I was, all proud of the fact that they "twanged" like a guitar string and it was toooooo tight. Just when I thought I was doing good, I did it toooo good

Harold