Community
Search
Notices
Profile and Fun Flying Planes If you're a profile fan or into fun flyers than this is the forum to discuss those topics.

Taco 1 1/2

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2003, 03:36 AM
Razorback58
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Taco 1 1/2

I finally bit the bullet and built my very first profile plane, the Taco. I started out building the original Taco because of the simple wing (non-tapered) and because I didn't want to spend a lot of time on a profile plane since I had never flown one. I built it with stuff that I already had laying around the house, so I don't really have a lot in it. I used stuff from the original Taco and the Taco II, thus the Taco 1 1/2. I installed an OS .25FP, knowing that it would probably need more power, but hey! I already had it, so why not! I took it out today for it's maiden flight and I only have one word for it. WOW! Using a 9x4 prop, I could just barely get it to hover. I did get it to torque roll, but it was in a tail slide, so that didn't last long! It's a great flying plane, and now I am hooked on profile planes! Maybe I need to get my Pro Bro number now? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....................
Old 07-28-2003, 02:20 PM
PaulSwany
My Feedback: (45)

Default Taco 1 1/2

Sounds great!! Did you get any pics to show us? Hope you can make it to Nashville in September!!
Old 07-28-2003, 02:32 PM
Razorback58

Default Taco 1 1/2

I did take some pictures, but will have to figure out how to post them. (I'm technically challenged! ) I would sure like to make it to Nashville. It sounds like it would be a blast! I'd also like to see some of the Pro Bros come to Texarkana for our S.M.A.L.L. at the end of September. I've seen you guys fly in Little Rock, and I think that it would just blow everybody's minds around here to see some of the things that I've seen you guys do. I hope to be doing some of these things soon!
Old 07-28-2003, 02:35 PM
PaulSwany

Default Taco 1 1/2

There's another SMALL meet end of September? Wow... I've got a lot of flyin's scheduled for September.... The one in Nashville on Sept 6th.... The one in Missouri on Sept 20th... And I think there is another in September sometime.... Gator do you remember?
Old 07-28-2003, 02:41 PM
Razorback58

Default Taco 1 1/2

Aw, one more won't kill you! That is a lot of traveling, but we would love to have you! This is our second one, and we are hoping that it turns into a big event. We alreay have one of the biggest big bird events in the area (usually in April or May) so we're trying to get the other end of the spectrum also! We have a beautiful sight! It will be September 27 and 28. Would really love to see you guys come down.
Old 07-28-2003, 02:44 PM
PaulSwany

Default Taco 1 1/2

Can't promise anything, but we'll try..... Maybe I can build a 25 size sledge.... That would be a hoot...
Old 07-28-2003, 02:53 PM
TERMAGATOR
My Feedback: (2)

Default Taco 1 1/2

Sept1 at kennitt Mo