Community
Search
Notices
PST Jets Direct support for PST Jets Turbines.

flight time

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2005, 09:03 PM
yeahbaby
My Feedback: (21)

Received 58 Likes on 47 Posts
Default flight time

Gents

what kind of flight time can I expect with roughly 60 oz of fuel capacity? I expect to fly around 1/2-3/4 throttle throughout my flight routine.

thanks

buck

will post pix of the bird within the next couple of weeks
Old 08-23-2005, 12:00 AM
Kelly W
My Feedback: (2)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: flight time

Buck,

Its hard to really give a definitive answer to questions like this, aside from personal experiences on my motor and the one's I've serviced. The consumption numbers on the PST site are a little on the conservative side, meaning there should be extra left over if you base your flight time estimates on the official specs.

I fly my stingray largely at the same throttle setting you expect to run. The tanks are suppose to be ~75oz, but some say that's a little optimistic so lets say 72oz. (I'd confirm, but the Jet Tech site appears to be down at the moment) I don't fly with a startup tank either, so the startup, taxi time, etc all comes off my main tanks. I fly for ~7 min and land with the 2nd tank ~1/3 to 1/2 full depending on how far I put my foot in it.

Kelly
Old 08-23-2005, 12:02 AM
yeahbaby
My Feedback: (21)

Received 58 Likes on 47 Posts

ok, this info I can work with. I figured on roughly 7 minutes. I'm sure after 5 minutes of intense concentration on the A-4 I'll be ready to land anyway. she's a cute little bugger though. I'm looking forward to getting her airborne

take care

buck
Old 08-23-2005, 12:38 AM
Kelly W
My Feedback: (2)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'd say to be safe, go short on the 1st few flights and get a rough estimate of the remaining fuel based on your flying style.

Any way we look at it, that's going to be far more accurate than any estimate of x.x minutes +/- some large percentage...

Wish I could give you a hard number, but I'd hate to steer you wrong...
Kelly