Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets > Turbine Clinic > PST Jets
Reload this Page >

ecu and fuel pump

Community
Search
Notices
PST Jets Direct support for PST Jets Turbines.

ecu and fuel pump

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2008, 11:51 PM
A MAY

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ecu and fuel pump

hi

I am wondering if i should move the fuel pump from where i have it mounted. I am installing a pst 1300 in a yellow f-15. On the panel just aft of the canopy, on the top side I have the ecu and on the bottom side of the panel is the fuel pump DIRECTLY under the ecu. will it the fuel pump cause problems with the ecu ?
thanks
Arden
Old 11-30-2008, 10:40 PM
B777

Default RE: ecu and fuel pump

Move the pump and solenoids away from the TEMS as much as possible. The fuel pump can create noise and magnetic field that may affect various sensors. Solenoid valve should also be away from TEMS and engine front.

Regards,
Kraivuth S.
Old 11-30-2008, 11:15 PM
A MAY

My propane gas valve is located 1/13/16 in almost 2in. from right side front of turbine . is tha to close how far should the pump and valve be from tems and turbine. thank you
Arden May
Old 11-30-2008, 11:35 PM
B777

Turbine spinner has Hall Effect magnet embedded so you want to avoid placing pump and/or solenoid in the magnetic field direction (perpendicular to rotating axis). Place them at least 2-3 inches in front/aft or as far away as possible. Pump/Solenoid should not be adjacent to the TEMS & Rx and should be at least 3 inches away. Best way is to test the system with your planned installation. Yellow F-15 has ample of space so avoid crowding the components. The installation may look neat but may cause lots of interference during operation.