Notices
Q-500 Racing Discuss AMA 428, AMA 424, and any other variants of Quickie 500 racing

Nelson Plugs

Old 08-05-2009, 07:05 PM
mdwpylonracer42h

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nelson Plugs

I've got a question for all the novice and expert pylon racers. Will Nelson Plugs still be available for all our current 422 and 428 motors? If they are not going to be available on a regular basis in the long term future, then we need to start thinking about how 422 and 428 will proceed.

Thanks,

Mike
Old 08-05-2009, 07:16 PM
luv to race
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Nelson Plugs

Dub Jett has plugs as well. I would suspect that there will always be plugs available. Don't sweat it..
Old 08-05-2009, 07:35 PM
mdwpylonracer42h

You mean Dub is starting to make his own version of the Nelson Plugs? I didn't know this. When I got plugs from him, I always knew that I was getting them second hand (Nelson to Jett to Me). It was just a conveniance to get them from him because his markup was nil, I knew he ordered them in the hundreds, and he and I live in the same town.

Mike
Old 08-05-2009, 07:43 PM
Ed Smith

Dub is selling Nelson style plugs made by "Merlin". The advantage of these plugs is that the Hex is the same as any other standard plug. All standard glo drivers can now be used on them.

Ed S
Old 08-05-2009, 07:47 PM
wrstew
My Feedback: (30)

I just placed an order at Merlin for the Nelson type glow plugs. My Jett came with a Merlin in it, if Dub is sending them out with his motors, gotta be good. Here's the link: http://www.merlinglowplug He has all heat ranges in conventional as well as "turbo" types.
Old 08-05-2009, 07:55 PM
mdwpylonracer42h

Wow, that is kind of cool. After thinking about it a little more, I am just wondering who Henry Nelson's supplier of glow plugs were. I wouldn't think that he would machine all those plugs for us idiots (me included) that burned them out from too lean of runs. Just guessing for every engine that Dub and Nelson sold, and now Profi, there had to be at least three or more Nelson plugs manufactured and sold. This could be quite cumbersome on a single guy working a machine shop making engines and plugs.