Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Spinners

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2010, 09:01 PM
JollyPopper
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spinners

Does anyone know who makes a full line of spinners that will accept the hubs of 14 to 15 inch K series props? I would really like to find one in two to three inch diameter but with the large cut outs for the prop. I know I can enlarge any of them but they look like a drunken rat chewed them out whey they're done that way. I really like the spinners with the aluminum back plate but I don't think the spinners in the size I want will accept the large K series props. Does anyone make a spinner that will? Preferably a nylon prop that doesn't burn or melt when a starter cone is applied. I am looking to spin a 120 size four stroke engine with this spinner. Any ideas?
Old 11-07-2010, 09:06 PM
airbusdrvr

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Spinners

This may not be the answer you are looking for, but I use these that have an aluminum back plate: http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXEBE6&P=7 . I have successfully trimmed the hub openings and sanded them smooth so they look nice.
Old 11-07-2010, 09:12 PM
JohnBuckner
My Feedback: (1)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Have you tried Tru-turn? It only takes a phone call for an accurate answer. They do have various slot sizes avalible in their stock sizes.

As far as any plastic spinner goes Just one slip and that spinner will be burnt. You need to use a full aluminum spinner. Especially when you get up into those engine sizes.

John
Old 11-07-2010, 09:18 PM
JollyPopper

Hey John, does TruTurn make nylon spinners? I am familiar only with their aluminum spinners, which are quite good. But I want nylon for this particular application if possible.
Old 11-07-2010, 10:26 PM
ArcticCatRider

Just remember to use a jam nut on the 4 stroke...especially with the larger displacements

If you don't, one good back fire will turn your new spinner into one good heap of garbage
Old 11-07-2010, 11:13 PM
JohnBuckner
My Feedback: (1)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I don,t beleve they do.

If you really want a plastic cone then you can also get CB spinners from Randy Linslattos outfit in Duarte ca. here:

http://www.mecoa.com/cb/spinners.htm

These use a plastic cone with an aluminum back plate which uses a groved capture ring for safety. They are of the single bolt type that requires an adapter nut on your propshaft.

The propellor reliefs are only cutting guides and must be ground (with a dremel) to shape for your props.

John