Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Greyhound shipped plane, LOST! , HELP!

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Greyhound shipped plane, LOST! , HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2011, 07:02 AM
lopflyers
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Greyhound shipped plane, LOST! , HELP!

$540??[X(], I beleive it when I see it. They might be awful at delivering cargo and at finding it, but their check writing abilities are tops
Old 08-26-2011, 10:48 AM
AmishWarlord
My Feedback: (5)

Well compared to $80,000 bull semen, $540 doesn’t seem to bad.
Old 08-26-2011, 12:37 PM
tenacious101010
My Feedback: (97)

lopflyers, I see you are from Orlando. Wattfest is here on the 2nd of October if you have any electrics, come on to Tampa and fly with us.
Denny
Old 08-27-2011, 06:15 PM
lopflyers

Thx Denny I might go, it is an hour  and a half drive but well worth it.
I have bought two planes from guys in Tampa and driven to get them.
You guys have some traffic problems[X(]
Old 08-31-2011, 06:04 AM
tenacious101010

I called Greyhound Automated Package Claims service (214-849-8620) AGAIN and the robot told me that Greyhound would issue a check for $300 within 7 to 14 days. The $300 is the amount I insured the package for, what about the $90.65 I paid to have the package shipped? I called another Greyhound number, (1-800-739-5020) and spoke to a lady. I explained the discrepancy to her and she asked if I had filed for a refund for the shipping. I informed her of my many lovely emails and phone calls, she told me she would send me the form to file for a refund of shipping but she didnt think they would refund the cost of shipping even though they didnt ship it. Beginning to sound like corperate ripoff again. I asked to speak to someone about this matter and she transferred me to another number. Of course, that was a voicemail recording. I left a message about the discrepancy and asked that I get a call back. Now what kind of crap are they pulling now? I paid for shipping of a package and paid for insurance on the package. They dont ship it and they dont think they should automatically refund the shipping cost? I will post the results so everyone will know how Greyhound does business.
Old 08-31-2011, 06:10 AM
tenacious101010

Well, the lady really did at least send the refund request, here is her email;

FAX THE FORM BACK TO 214-849-6808 TO THE REFUND DEPARTMENT.

Dollean Cohen

GPX Sales & Service Representative

PH: 214-849-8726

FX: 214-849-6808

[email protected]

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd91309.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	105.4 KB
ID:	1655592  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Yw68345.pdf (3.27 MB, 8 views)
Old 08-31-2011, 06:44 AM
tenacious101010

I completed the form and emailed it back to Dollean, she said she would get it to them, we shall see....
Old 08-31-2011, 06:46 AM
AmishWarlord

Well the box was shipped some where.
Denny if you would read the fine print.
"Delivery address are subjective and not indicative of actual destination."
Old 08-31-2011, 06:57 AM
rwlewis
My Feedback: (4)

Old 08-31-2011, 07:00 AM
lopflyers

When I was in the Air Force I got a TDY to an AFB in Corpus Christi Tx, the base comander there was giving us a lecture and as part of the lecture he told us a story.
He said that on one of his multiples trips on commercial airlines from Dallas to C Christy he checked 3 pieces of luggge, he told the counter girl he wanted one to go to NY, the other to LA and the last one to Corpus Christy. The airline attendant told him that was not possible since his final destination was Corpus Christy, he replied oh yes it is posible, that is what you people did to me last time.[:'(]
Old 08-31-2011, 07:14 AM
Warbirdguy

I believe it is going to be this way from now on Denny. They will NEVER offer up to pay for what they did totaly. It is just like the judicial system. The lawyers will tie up a case for years to keep from admitting they are wrong and defeated and hope you will just tire of fighting them and give up.

Dont give up. Be a thorn in their side for the rest of time. I would even check with local TV stations. I know here in Nashville there is a segment on Channel 2 I believe called....Thats Messed Up. They have this hot dog young reporter (Andy Bourdain?) that helps citizens with all kinds of stupid crap like this. You would be amazed at the response he gets when he tells the mid state about the problem. Seems overnight appoligies come and problems fixed.

Sometimes, a good old embarassement works wonders ... When its between you and them, they dont hurry or even care. When you bring in hundreds of thousands of potential customers....then things get fixed!

WBG
Old 09-10-2011, 04:07 PM
tenacious101010

No response from the message I left. I finally recieved a $300 check from Greyhound. I paid for $300 worth of insurance, but they refuse to refund the $90 shipping cost in addition to the insurance. I can tell you now, I will never use Greyhound again. They are the most dishonorable company I have ever dealt with.
Denny
Old 09-10-2011, 04:12 PM
AmishWarlord

Dear Greyhound,

Hope you enjoyed the 40,000 views this thread has received. I think you have lost a customer or two from this. I think it would have been better to pay this guy his $390 a long time ago rather than have this happen.

Denny you didn't get the $90 but you got over 40,000 views on this you have won!

Old 09-10-2011, 04:13 PM
rye
My Feedback: (10)

keep busting there cookiees u got nothing more to lose, when u got a munite just call, now its your turn give them hell
Old 09-10-2011, 04:16 PM
AmishWarlord

Two months and 4 days. Not too bad. LOL
Old 09-10-2011, 04:55 PM
iron eagel

ORIGINAL: tenacious101010

No response from the message I left. I finally recieved a $300 check from Greyhound. I paid for $300 worth of insurance, but they refuse to refund the $90 shipping cost in addition to the insurance. I can tell you now, I will never use Greyhound again. They are the most dishonorable company I have ever dealt with.
Denny
Rest assured in the long run this will cost them a lot of future business. It's already cost them at least two shipments I know of. And Like AmishWarlord said 40,000 views a lot of people have seen how they conduct themselves in their dealings with you.
I know it won't make up for your loss but you have to know this will cost them in the long run.
Old 09-10-2011, 05:06 PM
lopflyers

I still dont understand how they can loose a hughe box like that?
Not that Id would fit underneath the seat on front of you
Old 09-10-2011, 05:08 PM
AmishWarlord

Attention Greyhound accounting dept.

40,300 views. lets say only 1% of those views decide not to ship with you because of this. That's 403 shipments lost.

403 shipments at $90 each is,

$36,270

Old 09-10-2011, 05:45 PM
rye
My Feedback: (10)

some one should e-mail this forum to the ceo of greyhound[>:][X(]
Old 09-10-2011, 08:03 PM
carrellh

ORIGINAL: AmishWarlord
Attention Greyhound accounting dept.
40,300 views. lets say only 1% of those views decide not to ship with you because of this. That's 430 shipments lost.
40k views, but the views were the same few dozen people. Maybe a few hundred people. Not enough potential loss for GH to care.
Old 09-11-2011, 03:08 AM
tenacious101010

LMAO! 40K DIVIDED BY 12 (A DOZEN) IS 3,333.33333333333333........ you think a dozen people all took turns looking at the thread that many times? The great thing about the internet is that stories can get out, information that can be useful can be disseminated to many. I wouldnt even guess the numbers of people that have learned from this thread about how Greyhound and Paypal conducts business, that fine very small print they really dont want you to know about.
If there are 20 people that have learned the honest truth about how these companies operate, I am happy with the effort I put out to document this event. Documenting it, didnt do anything for me financially, it took a lot of my time, but then I got the opportunity to meet some good people and enjoyed the positive exchange of ideas and yes, some of the fun making jabs at these immoral corperate thieves. I do know that by posting the information, it has and will continue to cost Greyhound, but in reality, it is them that is costing themselves the loss of business, I only helped them.
I met some idiots here on RCU and have learned there are a few that their opinions are not worth listening to. I have also learned the best way to deal with them is to use the ignore (block) feature, too bad real life doesnt have such a feature. Thanks to all the people that posted here with good intentions that wanted to help others, I enjoyed your company and our conversations. Make your own decisions about how you would handle shipping.
One last message from me to Greyhound...... I will go out of my way to help good people, and I will go far out of my way to make sure bad people suffer for their actions when possible. I guess I was taught and valued a persons word and honor. Its amazing how many will sell their dignity so cheaply. You got my $90.00 shipping fee but I have cost you at least 50 to 100 times that for the people that will no longer use your services. I hate to admit it, but that makes me smile.
Denny
Old 09-11-2011, 03:11 AM
AmishWarlord

I gave you 99% of the views where by the same 24 people. however I'm sure 1% of them where from unique viewers who would be shipping a large parcel sometime in the future or has a friend that is thinking about shipping a large parcel sometime in the future.

While workers don’t care and middle management doesn’t care, Upper management and especially the accounting department cares.

In this econemy you don't shrug off a $30,000+ loss.

Old 09-11-2011, 05:29 AM
rgm762
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

a marketing firm did a study many years ago and that still proves true today. it found that on the average, if a person has a good experience with a company, they won't tell anybody about it, however, the same person has a bad experience, they will tell ten people, geryhound just lost more the the 30k amish has figured.
Old 09-11-2011, 05:42 AM
carrellh

After reading this saga, there's no way I'd use GH to ship anything. I wouldn't recommend being a GH passenger because of the way they have handled this.

I do thank you for telling the story because it is valuable information. Even though many have good luck with them, the horror stories do need to be told.

But, I do not believe GH will lose enough sales because of this thread to influence any changes in the way they run the business. I do not think that is a good thing but I do think it is reality.
Old 09-11-2011, 05:57 AM
maukaonyx

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Denny and others thanks for telling your horror stories about Greyhound. Because of your real life experiences, I will NEVER use Greyhound to ship a plane or anything else. Sure do hope you have got a check from them by now Denny! Get on to our business at hand now...FLY AND HAVE FUN! Jon

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.