Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

using Sta-bil?

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2012, 10:31 AM
tazzzz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default using Sta-bil?

Is okay to use Sta-bil in glow fuel,,,Im currently using Cool Power total synthetic 15%.
TAZZZZ
Old 08-05-2012, 01:40 PM
RCVFR
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: using Sta-bil?

What does Sta-bil do for glo fuel?
Old 08-05-2012, 01:41 PM
garytenpas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would not use sta-bil in glow fuel, glow fuel seems to last for years without it, as long as you keep it out of the sunlight and a controlled temperature enviroment. Also if you read on the bottle of sta-bil, it says for seasonal use. If you used it in a gasoline engine or generator, or some engine that may stand around for two years or longer the gas in the tank or carberator may evaperate, and leave a tar like residue in the fuel pump or carberator.

Gary
Old 08-05-2012, 03:56 PM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Staubil oil?? Does it say it mixes with alcohol? Not all two stroke oils mix with alcohol. I use Klots blended oil, it's a synthitc blend with 20% Castor. Only time I ever add oil is if it is under 17% oil in the blend. Why do you need it?Store bought fuel usually does not require added oil. When I was using Wild Cat 16% oil I did add two ounces of the Klotz. I like my oil to be at 18% blended oil.