Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Telamaster .40

Old 07-17-2017, 11:21 AM
F4 Phantom blue angles

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Telamaster .40

Hey guys, Does anyone know where I can buy an original Telamaster .40 kit. If not,Plans will work also Thankyou. It was my first kit back in 1990,give or take a year.
Old 07-17-2017, 02:10 PM
j.duncker
My Feedback: (2)

Deluxe Telemaster 40 Kit from Hobby Express
Old 07-17-2017, 05:23 PM
do335a

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

For plans try outerzone.co.uk/ , aerofred.com/ or hippocketaeronautics.com/
Old 07-19-2017, 11:34 AM
F4 Phantom blue angles

Thankyou my friend,will check it out
Old 07-19-2017, 12:38 PM
Propworn
My Feedback: (3)

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by F4 Phantom blue angles View Post
Thankyou my friend,will check it out
By the time you buy all the wood, hardware and plans I doubt you would save anything over buying the kit. Hobby Express formerly Hobby Lobby has all the different sizes and versions here.

Telemasters

If you like biplanes the Lazy Ace flys just like a Telemaster

Dennis
Old 07-20-2017, 04:48 AM
do335a

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

You guys have an unhealthy obsession with cost of materials.

There is much more to aeromodelling than that.

There is much to be said for building it yourself with the materials of your choice instead of whatever is tossed at you in that kit and poorly assembled in a BARF.

My last senior Telemaster came from a kit, which was then modified to two piece wing, with functional lift struts, revised tail, engine mount and nose, landing gear and a bunch of other stuff. The minimally acceptable hardware was all replaced with high end heavy duty stuff. All kit supplied low grade wood was replaced.

You can't get top grade everything in a kit. They are made to generate a profit at a certain price point. So the inferior materials get incorporated as well.

There's no advantage to spending less and winding up with junk. You do only get what you pay for.

Here's a quick vid of my Senior Telemaster on floats:

As for the plans for the smaller size, at outerzone you'll find a foam wing version here:
Telemaster plan - Free download - Outerzone

and a built up wing version here:
Telemaster plan - Free download - Outerzone
Old 07-20-2017, 07:27 AM
Propworn
My Feedback: (3)

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Well i have an original Telemaster 66 and two Telemaster 40"s one nitro one electric both built from original kits. The 66 is over 30 years old and quite a few have learned to fly on her. The 40's are 20 and 10 yrs old. The 66 is built exactly as per the kit and the two 40's have larger vertical stabs for float flying and upgraded 4/40 hardware and sullivan clevises. Other than that everything in the kits were used as supplied. I found no fault with the materials supplied in the kits. The upgrades on the two 40's were my personal preferences and probably not necessary remember the 66 has been flying for 30 plus years without any problems built bone stock. On that note I think this year would be a good time to replace that 30 year old hardware with some 4/40 stuff. thanks for the reminder.

Dennis

Last edited by Propworn; 07-21-2017 at 01:13 PM.
Old 07-21-2017, 11:22 AM
F4 Phantom blue angles

Perhaps your right,but there are many that don't have the ability,or who are disabled that have to rely on mail orders only. And there are those who work late days,or nights, that want the convenience of building from a kit. And those that don't have the experience on how to scratch build.I do agree that scatch building is more fun to do though. No ill intentions here,just wanted to offer my opinion.