Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Hobby Shop near me >

Hobby Shop near me

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Hobby Shop near me

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2020, 02:02 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Question Hobby Shop near me

I live in Marietta Georgia. I know there is HobbyTown in Kennesaw but they have more R/C cars, trucks, slot cars and accessories than R/C airplane accessories. Now they do have a lot of electrical R/C planes and ARFs. And I know about Tower Hobby. But ordering, not my bag and having to wait on the mail, UPS or FEDEX for days just doesn't work. I need to know about a hobby store close enough to drive to, get what I need and drive home. Can anyone help me out here.
The following users liked this post:
tailskid (12-19-2020)
Old 12-19-2020, 04:12 PM
My Feedback: (34)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Surely there are many LHS in his area.....let's help the guy out!
Old 12-19-2020, 08:42 PM

Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts

I'm in Minn, and have only been in the area twice, for one day each...yet google maps tells me that Stockbridge Hobby might be a choice. 45 min drive from Marietta......
Pretty amazing there isn't much in the whole metro Atlanta area....
Old 12-20-2020, 12:50 PM

tedsander, the same holds true for the greater Phoenix AZ area.....5th largest city in USA, and you can count the LHS on one hand
Old 12-21-2020, 01:55 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The name of the hobby shop in Stockbridge is "The Hobby Shop", no joke , that's the name, and it is a great hobby store. Address is 5725 N. Henry Blvd Stockbridge, Georgia 30281, (770)389-0686. They are a real old school ma and pop hobby store that carries all the current gas, glow, and electric ARF airplanes, plus they are one of the few that keep a good stock of kits, yea build it yourself KITS. Of course they have all the "fixens" to complete your plane, radios, engines, wood, props, glue, fuel, and hardware. It will be worth your time and gas to go there.
Old 12-21-2020, 03:47 PM

Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts

And DUH! How could I forget: https://www.atlantahobby.com/collections/aircraft
No idea where they are in relation to Marietta, but they used to heavily advertise in a lot of the airplane magazines and pattern newsletters...
Old 12-30-2020, 02:01 PM

I have seen the Atlanta Hobby Shop website. It's a good site. They have a lot planes but are limited in the amount of airplane accessories. This hobby shop to me is not mind blowing and has everything you would ever need or want. At one time there was 4 such hobby shops in the Atlanta area that were mind blowing, Had anything you needed. But not anymore. All you have in the Atlanta area is HobbyTown and they are very limited in what they carry. But thanks for the suggestion.
Old 12-30-2020, 02:11 PM

I just looked at the "The Hobby Shop" website. It's just what I'm looking for. Mind blowing. It has everything that you would ever need or want. I will plan on visiting them soon. Thanks for telling me about them with a shopping list LOL.
Old 01-04-2021, 03:21 PM

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

There aren't a whole lot of hobby shops anymore. I live in a city of 800k, and we have one that's worth mentioning. In the whole 7 million person metroplex, there are only 6 that are true hobby shops, 2 that cater to airplane pilots and are organized well enough to be able to find anything.
Old 01-05-2021, 07:50 PM
My Feedback: (4)

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Get to a club if there's one in your reach. Unfortunately most hobby shops these days can't stock or provide any direction with the flying aspect of RC hobbies other then RTF foam electrics and everything needed to support and repair those. Gone are any experienced help, technically you're on your own. Generally nobody knows how to fly a plane or heli..its' all about part numbers, and/or internet info.. of which you can find on your own. They always say "we can order it"... but fact is so can you just like they can, for same money, and have it delivered to your doorstep.

I've been involved in RC for 45yrs, and at this point, everything I do is shipped. There's no hobby shop in 150 miles that can support where I'm at in the hobby... and that's even a stretch... but being willing and able to order what I need is really the reason I fly what I want.

You're selling yourself way short by not being open to mail-order... seriously you're shooting yourself in the foot. There's so much out there if you just click that mouse and wait a few days... it all comes to you magically. I'm living the dream because of it... as are many of us. Don't let shipping hinder you.. that's just a weak excuse.

Just keep reading, and you'll do fine. The RC dream unfortunately isn't found in a local hobby shop these days.
Old 01-06-2021, 10:32 AM

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

The Perry, GA swap meet is only about 7-8 weeks away. Slide down there and buy all you can haul off for $.10 on the dollar.

Carl
Old 01-08-2021, 03:49 PM

Bring MUCH $$$$$.
Old 01-15-2021, 04:10 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The Perry Georgia swap meet is cancelled for 2021.