Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Help with binding

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Help with binding

Old 03-15-2021, 06:30 PM
suicide2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with binding

Just got a dx6i and can get it to bind to my plane. Problem is nothing works except the elevator and that is on the right stick as opposed to the left stick and it will only go one way. I Tried rebinding it many times, resetting the model within the radio, and tried everything I can think of. I have a very basic spectrum dxE and it binds fine and works as it should on all channels. The plane is a efilght extra 300. The dx6i is second hand.
many thoughts?
Old 03-15-2021, 07:02 PM
A. J. Clark

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

I would check the monitor screen. It will help you determine if the problem is transmitter or receiver.
Old 03-15-2021, 07:06 PM
suicide2

Originally Posted by A. J. Clark
I would check the monitor screen. It will help you determine if the problem is transmitter or receiver.
hi, thanks for the reply. Unfortunately Iím not sure what you mean by checking the monitor screen? Are you talking about on the radio itself or ?
Old 03-15-2021, 08:01 PM
A. J. Clark

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Two ways to get the monitor screen. Scroll the roller on the transmitter should show the monitor or push the roller on the transmitter then scroll down to the monitor.
Old 03-15-2021, 09:52 PM
GREG DOE

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

If I read your post correctly the right stick is operating your elevator, and not your left stick? That would be Mode2
Do you want the elevator on the left stick, which would be Mode1? I not certain that that transmitter can be changed
to Mode1. If it can, you are going to have to go into the programming. You will also have to loosen the spring on the
right stick, and engage the spring on the left stick. A manual, and someone who has done it before would be a big
help.
Old 03-16-2021, 02:58 AM
suicide2

A.j, didnít realize thatís what you were talking about. I will check that later today and see what happens. Hopefully thatíll tell me something.
Old 03-16-2021, 03:31 AM
suicide2

Originally Posted by GREG DOE
If I read your post correctly the right stick is operating your elevator, and not your left stick? That would be Mode2
Do you want the elevator on the left stick, which would be Mode1? I not certain that that transmitter can be changed
to Mode1. If it can, you are going to have to go into the programming. You will also have to loosen the spring on the
right stick, and engage the spring on the left stick. A manual, and someone who has done it before would be a big
help.
Greg,
no nothing works after I binded the radio to the plane except for the elevator. I donít get ailerons, rudder or even the prop to spin. The only thing I get is the elevator and it only goes up not down and itís on the right stick. On my other radio when I bind the plane everything works exactly as it should, I even get the safe feature. I reached out to the seller and see if he changed modes or anything. Hopefully Iíll have some kind of answer this afternoon. If anything Iíll send it back and get a refund.
Old 03-18-2021, 02:36 AM
Retiredat38
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

What's the model Tx that does bind?

Just a SWAG here but Spektrum had a Park Flyer System that was not comparable with their other radios. Perhaps this is where your problem lies. The model of the good Tx will tell what you have and if this is the case or not. Spektrum also provided a lot of their systems in the ready to fly packages one could buy as well.
Old 03-18-2021, 04:51 AM
suicide2

Originally Posted by Retiredat38
What's the model Tx that does bind?

Just a SWAG here but Spektrum had a Park Flyer System that was not comparable with their other radios. Perhaps this is where your problem lies. The model of the good Tx will tell what you have and if this is the case or not. Spektrum also provided a lot of their systems in the ready to fly packages one could buy as well.
So Iíve tried everything I can think of. Iím just gonna send the radio back and get a refund. Iíll buy a new better type of radio at this point. No need for the headache anymore.
thanks for everyoneís input!! Appreciate it!!