Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Inverted OS .61 FX Help Needed !!FAST!!

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Inverted OS .61 FX Help Needed !!FAST!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2004, 05:51 PM
lacofdfireman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Inverted OS .61 FX Help Needed !!FAST!!

O.K. This is probably a stupid question but I have never inverted an engine or used a fuel dot before. When I try and fuel the plane from the Fuel Dot I get fuel out of the carbeurator. This cannot be normal. How do you prevent it. I can fuel it woithout the engine cowl if I bypass the Fuel dot but if I use the fuel dot like it is supposed to work it is just pouring out the Carb. What can I do?
Old 02-19-2004, 05:59 PM
lacofdfireman

Default RE: Inverted OS .61 FX Help Needed !!FAST!!

Anyone know of a diagram that shows how to hook this Fuel Dot up. I could have it wrong. Or can you explain it to me in an easy way. Like Fuel Dots for dummies. Thanks
Old 02-19-2004, 07:40 PM
Stick Jammer

If you are using a two line system and the fuel dot is plumbed with a tee, you're gonna flood the engine when fueling as you have noticed. Some people claim that if you make sure the carb is closed before fueling then you won't have a problem but it's best to have a three line system with a fuel dot on a glow engine without a pump in the carb.
Old 02-20-2004, 09:28 AM
AirGar
My Feedback: (7)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you have a 2 line system, use the GP fueler. This automatically shuts the fuel off going to the carb, allowing the tank to "fill". After fueling (releasing filler fitting) it re-opens the line back to the carb.

Fuel "Dots" are designed for a separate (3rd line) for fueling only. You could "T" it as one suggested, however, I would use hemostats to pinch off the line to the carb rather than "close the carb barrel" (kind of messy ).

Hope this helped!

Gary
Old 02-20-2004, 09:38 AM
Gizmo-RCU
My Feedback: (27)

What plane do you have this in? The placement of the tank has a lot to do with this type of problem. My UCD 46 was a bear when it came to this problem, put a Ironbay regulator on, no more problem. I use a Dubro filler and everything works with a smooth running engine, just my personal experiance.
Old 02-21-2004, 11:35 PM
lacofdfireman

Thanks I will try this.