Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

TF P-47 flaps

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2002, 02:18 AM
eugene

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TF P-47 flaps

building a TF Jug Gold Edition.....the instructions for the flap set up are vague , to say the least....the servo is mounted with the arm inside the wing, and the pushrod is inside the wing, exiting thru the T E...I cannot figure out how to size and center the pushrod in this configuration to set the correct flap travel....sure could use some help on this one,,,any volunteers?
Old 07-18-2002, 02:23 PM
RLDIII
My Feedback: (1)

Default TF P-47 flaps

Hummm... I built my TF GE P-47 (.60 size) with the flaps, but I guess I am just not sure exactly what your question is? I don't recall having any super big problems in that area, but maybe you can give us some more info so we can help...?

Lee
Old 07-18-2002, 04:59 PM
eugene

Default TF P-47 flaps

The problem is reaching the adjustment with the pushrod and connection inside the wing... they must be balanced , and fine tuning is out of reach ....so far,, how did you adjust the clevis??
Old 07-18-2002, 07:43 PM
RLDIII
My Feedback: (1)

Default TF P-47 flaps

OK, now I see...I think! Anyway, I believe the way it is set up on mine, with max flap deflection, the end of the clevis (and the flap arm, just protrudes out of the hole in the trailing edge of the wing. It is just enough for me to un-hook the clevis and then by supporting the shaft inside the wing (throught the opened hatch) with a pair of small vise grips, I can then rotate the clevis at the trailing edge of the wing with my fingers or needle nose pliers to adjust it on the threaded end of the pushrod in or out. You DID use a pushrod with a threaded end and not a solder clevis...right?

Hope this helps,

Lee

Lee
Old 07-19-2002, 12:37 AM
eugene

Default TF P-47 flaps

yes, a pushrod with a threaded clevis on one end, and a solder clevis on the other.... the threaded clevis is on the servo end...we fiddled with it all day, and managed to get it close, but no cigar....tomorrow I am hiring a midget with 6 inch fingers....thank you for your help, and your suggestions....