Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

learning aerobatics

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

learning aerobatics

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2004, 11:49 AM
rccrazedman
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default learning aerobatics

I had Den flying around the skies for fife years and not really doing much more then that. I can do loops, rooks (not always the best),fly inverted, Knife edge, stall turns, split s and a few other things. But I wanted to improve my flying skills and learn so more aerobatics and maybe even move to 3d flying. I have been told the way to get a plane into a flat spin is to snap roll it then at the right time more the rudder input to the opposite side. I have been trying to do this on real flight sim and haven't managed to do it yet. I was wondering is it possible to do this on the simulater ? and also I was wondering where I might be able to get some videos or some information on how to do some of these maneuvers and maybe even what the best way to set up a fun fly or a 3D airplane. any help would be appreciated
Old 08-01-2004, 01:18 PM
Fletch124
My Feedback: (7)

Default RE: learning aerobatics

yeah that maybe true but you know that realflight isn't a game for experts its just for someone to try to get the feel of flying because at my local R/c shop they have it on a computer that you can just play with all you want. i probably spent 15minutes trying to HOVER(that maybe something new for you to try)but it don;t work, even the oldest guys at our field said that they tryed it and it doesn;t work.
Old 08-01-2004, 02:13 PM
davidmor

ORIGINAL: Fletch124

yeah that maybe true but you know that realflight isn't a game for experts its just for someone to try to get the feel of flying because at my local R/c shop they have it on a computer that you can just play with all you want. i probably spent 15minutes trying to HOVER(that maybe something new for you to try)but it don;t work, even the oldest guys at our field said that they tryed it and it doesn;t work.
Umm, I have to disagree with you on this one. It is a great tool even for the really good pilots to keep their fingers nimble during the winter and during extended non-flying times. It is also great for practicing new moves that you aren't ready to do with the real thing. And as for hovering, well I guess I must not be an "expert" because I hover all the time in Realflight. As a matter of fact, I hover much better on the sim than I do in real life. Probably has something to do with the fact I am not afraid to do things on the sim I am nervous to do with a real plane. Things like tail touches and inverted harriers on the deck. If you are only using the 'stock' planes that come with the sim, you will never hover. They aren't set up for it. If you edit them to increase throws, lower the weight, and move the CG, you can hover and torque roll all day long. As for flat spins, I havn't been able to do them consistantly on the sim, but I have done some not-so-pretty ones on occasion.
Old 08-01-2004, 02:48 PM
rccrazedman
My Feedback: (10)

actually on real flights I went to the swap page and downloaded the extreme 330 and I have been able to make it hover. not necessarily well but I have done it. I like to use the sim to practice new maneuvers and learn new ones also so I don't wreck my precious expensive real ones.
Old 08-01-2004, 04:23 PM
Fletch124
My Feedback: (7)

yeah your right there program is probably stock because even the best pilots i know can't do it on the sim
Old 08-01-2004, 08:11 PM
waagbuck
My Feedback: (1)

You can hover in aerofly pro!