Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
 Who makes pneumatic tires? >

Who makes pneumatic tires?

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Who makes pneumatic tires?

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2004, 08:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who makes pneumatic tires?

I want to put a set of "blow up" tires on my Cub. Who makes these? I have seen them, but have not been able to find them on the internet anywhere. I must be doing something wrong. Big surprise. Anyway, does anyone make them with wheels that have a two-piece hub so that the wheel collar fits in the middle instead of on the outside (where it looks really ugly!)? Thanks for any help.

Lachlan
Old 08-27-2004, 10:15 PM
My Feedback: (90)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Who makes pneumatic tires?

Not inflateable, but here are some "scale" Cub wheels:
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...=++&search3=Go
Old 08-27-2004, 11:30 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I think Trexlers are still avaliable and sold by Tower. Made in sizes up to 6 inchs these are a very flexable donut and blown up by an umbilical cord that is then knotted and tucked between the tire and wheel. The wheel is actually made from turned wood. They will work fine for something like a Cub.

As far as an internal wheel collor. The only one I know of that would work is the versions of the Williams Bros. wheels that could be purchased with an internal expanding shoe brake. These may not be availiable anymore. They just had a deep cavity on one side for the brake mechanism and a collor, then just a smooth hub cap was popped on resulting a smooth seamless wheel on both side. I just installed a set of four inchers on a Stinson triplane but rather than use a collor I usually just slip a washer over the axle and solder. Soldering is far less problems than collors and less obtrusive.

John
Old 08-28-2004, 08:33 AM

How about these: http://www.hobby-lobby.com/wheels.htm

Go about 3/4 ways down the page and look just above the axles. You would have to supply the Cub hubcap yourself though.
Old 08-28-2004, 11:02 AM

dubro make cub wheels which i believe are pneumatic plus they do a wheel called a big wheel which is definitely pneumatic as i have some.
Old 08-29-2004, 10:22 AM

Dubro USED to make the inflatable Cub wheels (in 3 sizes I believe: 1/5, 1/4 and 1/3 scale) but they haven't made them for some time. However, they appear often on "fleabay" and I've picked up several "new old stock" sets of them in the past year. They also include the "Cub" wheel caps.
Old 08-30-2004, 08:46 PM

Yup, thanks- Dubro is what I wanted. Never thought to look there until a couple days ago. Found what I wanted. Thanks for all the help.

LM