Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Decals

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2004, 03:48 PM
JollyPopper
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Decals

Just a quick question concerning decals here. I am finishing up a HOB 300L and it is gorgeous. The decals provided with the kit are peel and stick variety. Has anyone here had experience with their decals? Some of these are quite large, covering a good portion of the wing. Can I use windex under these things to move them around to achieve final positioning? I tried it on a couple of the very small decals on the fuse and they didn't seem to slide much. I'm afriad if I get one of these large ones on with a wrinkle in it, I won't be able to get it out. Anyone???????? Thanks in advance.
Max
Old 11-04-2004, 06:18 PM
CafeenMan

Default RE: Decals

Make a balsa wood squeege and use windex or water with a little soap in it. Once the decal is in place, use a soft cloth to squeeze out most of the water and wipe up. Then use the squeegee to force out the rest of the water. Always work from the center out and take your time. If the wing is not fully sheeted, then the decals won't want to stay down as you squeegee, but eventually when you get enough water out they'll start to stay down. Give them a good day or more to dry before you fly the plane - especially if it has a glow engine.

Also, be sure to sand the squeegee smooth so that you don't scratch the decals.
Old 11-06-2004, 07:07 PM
JollyPopper
My Feedback: (6)

Thanks CafeenMan. Got them all down without any wrinkes and they look great. Appreciate your input.
Max
Old 11-06-2004, 07:39 PM
CafeenMan

I'm glad it worked out. Did they give you any trouble?