Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Robart Hinge-Point "POCKETS"

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Robart Hinge-Point "POCKETS"

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2005, 11:46 AM
Capt Jim
My Feedback: (168)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Robart Hinge-Point "POCKETS"

Has anyone had experience with these hinge point "Pockets"? It looks like a neat idea...being able to remove control surfaces for painting or repairs, etc, but do they hold up? do they increase the gap? Whats your experience with them? I would like to benefit from others experiences before I go off and try them myself.
Thanks.
Jim
Old 01-21-2005, 11:58 AM
bigbri
My Feedback: (287)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Robart Hinge-Point "POCKETS"

I used them on my 1/3 scale Sukhoi. The benefit of course is removal of control surface. They are secured with a single setscrew. My original thoughts were to have the rudder removable for transportation, But they are not really designed for weekly use and strip out easily. I have had to replace the set screws with larger ones a couple times. If you are using them for an occasional removable of control surface for repairs or painting they would work quite well.The only real drawback is they are LARGE and a large hole is needed to install them. On a scale ship with airfoiled tail surfaces this shouldn't be a problem. On a final note. You need access to the set screw so some care and work is need to install them look natural
Good luck
Brian