Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

tower hobbies

Old 04-10-2006, 09:48 AM
CRAZYRYAN
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tower hobbies

i wonder whats going on with towers in stock of airplanes like the thunderbolt is that one going to be gone soon? im wating on a new cowl for my cheap hobbico sukhoi and it says late april said the same thing last march late march. i dont want to fly with out the cowl on my last landing i landed on my mains first but then the elevator went up and thus caused it to catch on the ground with the prop.main gears are fine but cowl is totaled how much more time does tower will keep thier in stock of planes i glad they still have the cessna im soon wanting to get but i got to get my friends piper cub sig its an original cant pass that up with twin cylinders four strok and remote glow 1.08. i would love to have a warbird i but after hearing about the rayolty law thing thats just going to make me sad will it be passed? does anyone else know?
Old 04-10-2006, 05:49 PM
Mike Baldwin

Default RE: tower hobbies

I think that Royalty law is BS, I mean come on there models not real aircraft. Its not like were building these planes to fight in wars or hall cargo or passengers. Will anyone that decides to creat a model from blue prints of an actual plane have to pay a royalty, or if he or she makes a model that flys well and decides to sell the plans have to pay. The whole thing make he sick. As if the origonal designer didn't make enough money with the goverment contracts on the planes.

As for your cowl. Id check with other retailers for a cowl. I have the Extra 300s from Hobbico and all of sudden last year the discontinued it. Once the parts are gone there gone. I ordered a canopy and one of the last cowls for my Extra, but I cant get wings for it any where. I would be suprised if they discontinue your plane as well.
Old 04-10-2006, 09:58 PM
CRAZYRYAN
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: tower hobbies

this is why im buying american made planes like carden and stuff like that that i would pay 400+ bucks for a high quality contruction no more cheapys for me. thats my 2 cents woth