Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

A/M Radios

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2006, 04:49 PM
BSARGE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A/M Radios

Are AM Radio's used anymore for airplane's? I have the opportunity to buy a brand new Futaba 6 Channel Conquest full radio set for a great price...but not if it's not a wise idea for AM. I am getting back in the hobby after about 8 years and I remember back then I had an AM radio with no problems.
Old 07-05-2006, 04:51 PM
Tall Paul

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: A/M Radios

AM still works fine.
Conquest radios are still good radios.
Old 07-05-2006, 05:10 PM
BSARGE

Is it a given that the conquest radio's are narrow band? I can't remember if they were made after 1991...
Old 07-05-2006, 06:50 PM
aerowoof

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

most transmitters if narrowbanded will have a gold ama sticker on it.if it does not it can be checked at radio south the rx is a different matter futaba made 2 am narrow band rx on 4 ch model 114 and a 7 ch model 117 stay away if it has the r-4f or the r-7h not sure on the exact model number of the wide band but the 3 digits for the narrow band are the 114 and 117.also check the battery connections inside the transmitter,they are a spring type make sure they are not cracked or flattened.i replaced all the connecters like that im my tx with the j style connecter .bought a crimping tool and the pin kits to do it so i would have no soldered connections to worry about.
Old 07-05-2006, 07:35 PM
vicman
My Feedback: (10)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

$40 is a great price anything else I would spend the other $100 and get a mucn better radio. If someone is trying to hook you up they should just give it to you to learn with. Thats my opinion anyway.
Old 07-05-2006, 08:37 PM
BillS

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

BSARGE,

Mebane is not to far from Greensboro and I will give you an AM TX and RX that was operating when retired. I retired all my radios except one Futuba and one JR because I could not maintain all the batteries. New receivers were purchased and all airplanes were then put in the two radios.

The batteries will be dead and the servos are in use in their respective airplanes. You will need to purchase servos and batteries.

Zero is a good price.

Bill
Old 07-05-2006, 09:19 PM
BSARGE

Thanks for all the info! I really appreciate it...

BillS-
Thanks for the generous offer but I do have a new Futaba radio in a plane now. I was trying to get a deal on a second one for my next plane(don' tell my wife) thanks again that was a very nice offer!

-Bill