Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

CG on two planes ??

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

CG on two planes ??

Old 08-06-2006, 06:43 PM
dunk
My Feedback: (153)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CG on two planes ??

I have a P51 given to me by my dad and have no idea on the balance point. It is a .40 I believe..a saito .91 is pulling it around but it is nose heavy and has to land hot. I did move the battery 2" back and still have to test fly it. I have looked at the CG calculators but I am having difficulty figuring out how to measure to figure the MAC. I tried using yard sticks but they seem to be way to inaccurate. Any suggestions.

The second plane is a scratch built, partially. It has a extra 300 fuse and a unknown wing. After countless hours of sanding and so fourth it fits very well. I have balanced it on the thickest part of the wing and have yet to fly it as well. It is a .40 size plane.

I have always thought that a person should balance at the thickest part of the wing from the LE but I have not actually tried this yet.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Dunk
Old 08-06-2006, 07:09 PM
Tall Paul

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: CG on two planes ??

Go to here:
http://www.palosrc.com/instructors/cg.htm
The numbers you put in, in the red box
The numbers it computes, in the green box
Use 30 for the %mac balance point.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version