Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

The best power panel made ?

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

The best power panel made ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2006, 01:06 PM
Bob Paris
My Feedback: (13)

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Default The best power panel made ?

I am in the process of building a new field box from Sig...the big one. I would love to buy the old "Taylor" style power panel, but I can't find them anywhere. I would like a really top end power panel and need to be directed to it.

I've reviewed all the current models for sale by Tower and Hobby People...and I'm not impressed.

What's out there guys...?

Soft landings always,
Bobby of Maui

Old 10-18-2006, 03:29 PM
Wonder
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The best power panel made ?

I like the Sig Fieldboss Power Panel.
It includes a built-in charger for nicad glow plug battery, a expanded scale voltmeter and more.
tw
Old 10-20-2006, 06:15 PM
john_s3
My Feedback: (1)

I Use The Hobbico Accu-Glo.I Like It Because I Do Not Half To Worry About The Voltage To The Plug.It Has All The Other Things I Need.It Does Not Have A Glow Stick Charger.I Have Had Mine For 5 Years And No Problems.
I Have Good Service From All The Hobico Producs I Have.
Old 10-20-2006, 10:45 PM
rajul
My Feedback: (58)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the older Accu-glo. Not bad. But some of the markings have rubbed off due to fuel
Old 10-20-2006, 11:08 PM
agexpert
My Feedback: (1)

I built that box. I found it to be better suited as a wheel chock, just too big. I made my own power panel with some wood and female banana plugs. Frankly, I never use a power panel. I find the to be cumbersome and inefficient at best.

Now I just have a duffel bag with some small divided storage boxes for small items, some fuel, tools, parts, 4 glow starters, (2 rechargeable and 2 alky for back-up), and a cordless electric starter....DONE! I charge at the field, if needed, in my truck...I always carry 2 chargers and a power inverter.

My guess is that box, no matter how perfect, will end up on your workbench as a tool box. It's just too big to cart around. Add a gallon of fuel, a battery, a starter motor some tools and parts and it will weigh over 50 pounds. I LOVE that box, but a good stiff-sided duffel, (the kind that salesman use to keep paperwork in), is better for my needs.
Old 10-21-2006, 12:52 AM
skull1971

Yep, what he said!!

I got a Hangar 9 panel, it's junk!! go with the duffle bag.