Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Dubro Tru-Spin Instructions needed

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Dubro Tru-Spin Instructions needed

Old 01-30-2007, 06:11 PM
Timbotide

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dubro Tru-Spin Instructions needed

I bought a used Dubro Tru-Spin balancer and need the instructions. Dubro says they are out of the balancers for now and could not fax me a copy until they came in. Do any of you know where I can get a copy? Thanks.-
Old 01-31-2007, 01:01 AM
alan0899

Default RE: Dubro Tru-Spin Instructions needed

G'day Mate,
They are not that complicated, what do you need to know?
Old 01-31-2007, 09:30 AM
Timbotide

Hello,

I need to know the steps to setting up and using the Dubro Tru-Spin balancer on props and spinners as well.
Thanks.
Old 02-01-2007, 01:25 AM
alan0899

G'day Mate,
I don't think I received any instructions with mine, but check out this site, the picture may help.
http://www.shopatron.com/product/pro...d=DUB499/101.0
To balance spinners, you need to set up the spinner, as you would for a prop, if it has a hole in the end of the spinner, Eg alloy type, or assembled with the rod onto the back plate.
I hope this helps, check out the pictures in the various magazines, they will show most of the options.
Old 02-01-2007, 11:01 AM
Timbotide

Hello,

I found some sites with information about balancing props but I am unable to correctly balance the Master Airscrew composite prop that I have. I can get it to balance horizontally but it will not hold in any other position. I am not sure where to go from here. Thanks for the help, I will take a look at the site.

ORIGINAL: alan0899

G'day Mate,
I don't think I received any instructions with mine, but check out this site, the picture may help.
http://www.shopatron.com/product/pro...d=DUB499/101.0
To balance spinners, you need to set up the spinner, as you would for a prop, if it has a hole in the end of the spinner, Eg alloy type, or assembled with the rod onto the back plate.
I hope this helps, check out the pictures in the various magazines, they will show most of the options.
Old 02-01-2007, 11:32 AM
RCVFR
My Feedback: (7)

It sounds as though you have a heavy hub. The prop balances horizontally on one side only, not the other? Any setting other than horizontal has the prop seeking the horizontal? If so, one side of the hub is heavier than the other. There are techniques to remedying this, ranging from cutting away material from the heavy side to adding weight (lead shot) to the light side. Or living with the way it is.
Old 02-01-2007, 08:10 PM
Timbotide

I did not ream the prop before balancing it. Would this make a difference and is there a difference in quality between all the prop reamers on the market??

ORIGINAL: Jim Dines

It sounds as though you have a heavy hub. The prop balances horizontally on one side only, not the other? Any setting other than horizontal has the prop seeking the horizontal? If so, one side of the hub is heavier than the other. There are techniques to remedying this, ranging from cutting away material from the heavy side to adding weight (lead shot) to the light side. Or living with the way it is.
Old 02-02-2007, 11:30 AM
Flying freak

props, unless you are using somthign your planngin to be turning at 18k you probably dont need it balanced perfictly tell you the truth i generally dont balance props unless the plane is viprating too much..
Old 02-02-2007, 03:11 PM
carrellh

ORIGINAL: Timbotide

I did not ream the prop before balancing it. Would this make a difference and is there a difference in quality between all the prop reamers on the market??
Reaming after balancing shouldn't make much, if any, difference. I bought a Great Planes reamer and it seemed to be dull. It was difficult to work through MA props and almost impossible on APC. I took a chance and picked up a Fox reamer and it is much sharper.

My current engines are OS & Magnum four strokes, turning 10,000 rpm or less. I do not balance my props or spinners. So far I haven't experienced vibration problems that I know of.