Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

TR260 plans needed

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

TR260 plans needed

Old 01-31-2007, 09:12 PM
hockeydad33

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TR260 plans needed

Hi, I am very new here and need some help. I am in need of a set of plans for a model designed by John Easton. It is the TR 260. I picked up this ARF kit that is missing some parts but I could make them if I had a set of plans. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. Randy
Old 01-31-2007, 10:18 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Default RE: TR260 plans needed

If it was an ARF you'll never be able to get the plans. Manufacturers of the ARF keep all of their plans internally and do not release them to the general public.

Ken
Old 02-01-2007, 08:48 AM
Scar
My Feedback: (3)

The TR260 is a pretty interesting item. I learned a lot, on the Lanier ARF I had. It was an early ARF with a plastic fuse, plastic cowl, and plastic sheeted foam wings. Flew great, lasted quite a while, excellent for trying new maneuvers, and inexpensive so I didn't care when it spun in. They still sell them, and parts for them.

If yours is a Lanier, you can buy those parts. If it's an AeroPro (lots bigger, all wood, delivered without covering) you're out of luck. Any parts for it would have to be guesstimated. If it's some other brand... I'm not aware of any other brand TR 260 prebuilt models.

Good luck finding parts!
Dave Olson
ORIGINAL: hockeydad33

Hi, I am very new here and need some help. I am in need of a set of plans for a model designed by John Easton. It is the TR 260. I picked up this ARF kit that is missing some parts but I could make them if I had a set of plans. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. Randy
Old 02-01-2007, 03:43 PM
flianbrian

I've always liked the looks of this plane. Here's a set of plans at RCM; may or may not be helpful.

http://www.rcmmagazine.com/store/sto...UmeZEgvjs7E2Q3
Old 02-01-2007, 05:24 PM
hockeydad33

The particular model I have was designed by John Eaton, manufactured by Minicraft Co. and distributed by J&K Products. Don't Know the year. It is Balsa and wood construction, has a 92" wing span and looks to be a real nice model. I need a cowl, landing gear, the way the wing is mounted to the fuselage does not appear clear to me and I need the canopy. If I had a set of plans I am sure I could manufacture what I need. I am very new to this hobby and bought this plane knowing there were some parts missing but figured that I would be able to come up with what I needed based on the plans. Unfortunately there were no plans. My bad. Randy
Old 11-21-2007, 07:36 PM
rhshel

I got some for the TR260. See if I can find them. Its a 1/4 scale I have a Sachs 3.2 cu in Gas engine in it.
[email protected]