Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Servo driven smoke valve?

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Servo driven smoke valve?

Old 02-03-2007, 10:14 PM
GoNavy
My Feedback: (15)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Servo driven smoke valve?

The channel available for smoke control on my Vanguard transmitter will not operate a variable speed smoke oil pump. The twin cylinder engine is too smooth to use the varsanne oscillating pump.

I can manually regulate the smoke oil flow to the pump with a simple squezzing device such as the TME or similar, but that means you can adjust only on the ground.

Has anyone been able to find and use a servo driven valve which allows for some degree of inflight change in smoke oil flow?

Old 02-03-2007, 10:19 PM
Charlie P.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Servo driven smoke valve?

B&B sells a valve that uses a 2-56 thread rod on a piston that can be connected to a servo and either toggled or adjusted in flight. Not much range of "meaningful" adjustment (it's got a 3/8" throw +/- but probably only a 1/8" hole that the piston occludes), but you could connect the servo to a level and "gear down" the piston throw. I've got this hooked up to a Mikuni snowmobile fuel pump for the smoke (diaphram pump that runs continually off the engine pressure tap). Also sold by B&B.

www.bennettbuilt.com