Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Banner pulling?

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Banner pulling?

Old 02-12-2007, 05:08 PM
Mike Line

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Banner pulling?

Has anyone ever pulled a banner with there plane? I'm wanting to do this and have some ideas but would like to hear from someone who has done it before. Thanks!!!!!
Old 02-13-2007, 02:12 PM
speed lover

Default RE: Banner pulling?

not done it before but want to try it with my cap 232 have heard you need some weight at the bottom so it does not twist so you cant see it I am going to try and put a rod through the bottom and top so it stays straight also heard that it is best to have a servo release so you can land easy will say that you would be best having the maximum size of engine your plane will take Im changing my cap after a recent smash from a irvine 46 to a MAC 61 rear port race engine have the fuselage stripped and am cutting a slot for the exhaust to run just under the canopy should be enough to pull a banner I might try a 7 or 8 ft banner also going to put a wire to attach it to so it does not interfiere with the rudder also going to put some streemers on the wing tips going to do this as soon as possible so Ill add it to this thread if there is anything I find out along the way
Old 02-13-2007, 02:42 PM
red head

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do a search for banner towing here in RCU. There are a number of old ones floating through ciber space. ENJOY !!! RED
Old 02-15-2007, 08:01 PM
flyin_kid

Yeh been doing it for a few years...just finish building a plane now with a Saito 120 with engine mods..ported Exhaust and touched up intake......turning 10K with ease 16x6 apc.... I have pulled 600' caution tape with a saito 72 kadet senior plane...we drop parachuteres lizards in a G-capsule...tale up ballons for otdhers to chase down...alll kind od stuff..sometimes we pull 600' to 1000' caution tape with a one gallon jug with small amount of water and you have to set the jug down on the runway adn keep flying leaving the jug there for a while.....try to tie a knot in the air it hard.....