Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Engine Test bench

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Engine Test bench

Old 02-16-2007, 11:42 AM
zscheidt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine Test bench

Hello,

I'm using the cold weekend to build a test bench for some engines i have in the basement. These are somewhat small (.42 two stroke and .82 four stroke) and I wondered if anyone had ideas or designs to help me.

My plan is to fix a small block of some sort to cradle and mount the engine with a spot for a servo behind and a place to rubber band a small removable fuel tank behind as well. I want to then be able to take the block and attach it to a standard stanley vice table that is portable (that way I can take it outside, lock the mount into the table, and fire up the engine).

Has anyone put together such a contraption or have any pictures or instructions? Anything I should think about or plan for ahead of time? I want to make sure it is stable and yet still able to move inside and out without too much trouble.

Thanks,
Zach
Old 02-16-2007, 11:44 AM
Flying freak

Default RE: Engine Test bench

you might want to make the fuel tank adjustable in high ...
Old 02-16-2007, 12:14 PM
Kevlar
My Feedback: (47)

Default RE: Engine Test bench

Here's one I 'borrowed' some ideas from...its off RCU, do a search, you'll find quite a bit more.

...and like stated...make the tank height adjustable...you could use blocks or stand-offs.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qn38312.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	32.8 KB
ID:	622799