Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Hopper Tank Fueling

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Hopper Tank Fueling

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2007, 03:58 PM
jnb921

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hopper Tank Fueling

Hello all, this is my first post on this site although I have already used it for plenty of answers. I am building a G&P Sales F-18 and am installing a hopper tank assembly. I have never done this before and I am wondering how I should go about fueling this. The engine is covered by cowling so I want to put in a fueling valve outside the plane for easy fill up, but I am not sure in what line to put it. Should I put it in the line from the hopper tank to the engine or in between the main tank and the hopper tank? Your help is greatly appreciated. Thanks
Old 02-24-2007, 06:38 PM
khodges
My Feedback: (1)

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Default RE: Hopper Tank Fueling

When you say "hopper" tank, what do you mean? You're not talking about the type tank that goes in a car or truck, are you?.

If you use a fueling valve, you can hook it to the feed line from the tank to the carb, as the valve shuts off the line to the carb when the fill line is hooked to it. You can also use a third line with a separate clunk to fuel and defuel.
Old 02-24-2007, 06:48 PM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 351 Likes on 281 Posts
Default RE: Hopper Tank Fueling

Just hook it between the header tank and the carb, if you plummed it correctly it will fill both tanks.

Muffler pressure to pressure input on main tank, main tank clunk line to pressure input on the top of the header tank, header tank clunk line to fuel valve, fuel valve to carb.