Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Kudos for HiTec RCD

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Kudos for HiTec RCD

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2007, 09:28 PM
Campy
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Kudos for HiTec RCD

I recently sent in a 1 1/2 - 2 year old receiver that was glitching servos. (Warranty is 1 year )

Prior to sending it in I did the usual checks (different battery, disconnecting servos one by one, checking connections, etc.) I swaped the receiver out with a known good receiver and the problems stopped. I tried the bad receiver in another plane - same problem.

When I sent the receiver in I told them the unit was 1 1/2 - 2 years old, what was going on and what I had tried. I gave them my email and asked them to tell me how much and which forms of payment they accepted.

They retuned the receiver and replaced the antenna (I had lost a piece of insulation due to some sloppy CA. Taped over the area.)

Total cost: $0.00

That is what I call customer service !!!
Old 06-27-2007, 09:47 PM
AviationNut

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Kudos for HiTec RCD

I agree! Recently sent in a bad Spectra module and 555 rx, and they fixed the rx and gave me a new Spectra for free. Took less than a week too. I didn't have the receipts, so wasn't sure if they were out of warranty (probably).

I sent in an rx years ago that was damaged in a crash, and was very satisfied with the service then too. That's why I stick with Hitec - awesome products and service.
Old 06-27-2007, 10:00 PM
iron eagel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Campy,
It is nice to hear from someone that has a good experience with a manufacturer say so.
Old 06-27-2007, 11:00 PM
Spitfire222

I'm sure they would love to hear about it. Why don't you re-post this or have a moderator move it for you?
Check here --->[link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/forumid_53/tt.htm]Hitec Forum[/link] [sm=shades_smile.gif]

(I have also had good service from Hitec for fixing my transmitter. [sm=regular_smile.gif] )
Old 06-28-2007, 09:00 PM
SoCalSal
My Feedback: (16)

Hi, what you had happen to you with the Hitec service is just plain normal for Hitec. They do that type of stuff everyday. I had a Royal Evo 9 that the mother board went bad for what ever reason. I just drove up to Hitec ( I live 20 miles from them) and they checked out the radio. They informed me what the problem was and said it would take about two weeks to get the part from Germany, that was O.K. with me but not them. They gave me a new radio instead due to the 2 week delay.
So I am a avid fan of this company and there service.
ORIGINAL: Campy

I recently sent in a 1 1/2 - 2 year old receiver that was glitching servos. (Warranty is 1 year )

Prior to sending it in I did the usual checks (different battery, disconnecting servos one by one, checking connections, etc.) I swaped the receiver out with a known good receiver and the problems stopped. I tried the bad receiver in another plane - same problem.

When I sent the receiver in I told them the unit was 1 1/2 - 2 years old, what was going on and what I had tried. I gave them my email and asked them to tell me how much and which forms of payment they accepted.

They retuned the receiver and replaced the antenna (I had lost a piece of insulation due to some sloppy CA. Taped over the area.)

Total cost: $0.00

That is what I call customer service !!!