Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

sc engine question

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

sc engine question

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2007, 04:59 AM
daz3nt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sc engine question

I have two SC two stroke glow engines one of them a brand new sc .46 and the other an old sc .75. My Problem is i have run in and set up my sc .46 and runs like a charm but cant do the same with my .75. The whole crank where the prop bolts on to moves in and out about 1mm and leaks oil but the .46 dont. Im just wondering if maybe its sucking in air from where its leaking oil and thats why it will not run tidy.

If im wright in thinking this how do i get it tight. ive striped it down and the bearing seem fine its got great compression just cant get the mixture wright. PLEASE HELP ME [:@]
Old 07-19-2007, 05:53 AM
bigchap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: sc engine question

sounds like the prop driver and/or the crankcase has worn allowing a lot of end float,that normally only affects bushed motors though,old s.c. engines tend to suffer with wear on the carb slide and body,that could be the problem.call just engines,they should be able to sort you out a cheap carb.