Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

incedence

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2003, 12:46 PM
kegelt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default incedence

Maybe a stupid ?. I just got a Global Ultimate Bipe. I dont know how many bipes i will own so i dont really want to buy a meter. Is there anyway so check and set incidence, without purchasing a meter? or should i just quite thinking there is and buy a meter? thanks for all the info. Tom
Old 03-11-2003, 03:28 PM
MinnFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default incedence

Isn't there anyone in your club that would lend you one for 10 minutes?
Old 03-11-2003, 03:51 PM
JohnBuckner
My Feedback: (1)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default incedence

The right tools will never fail one. I keep two Robarts for just your situation and use them both for even monoplanes. Consider the investment of at least one if you are a builder. It will improve your monoplanes also.

John
Old 03-11-2003, 04:33 PM
Whirley Bird
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default incedence

Originally posted by JohnBuckner

John
Theres no substitute for the proper tools.
I have one coming along with a CG balancer even though my home made one seems good enough.
The ACCU-THROW is going to get a lot of use here.
The prop balncer???????????
Well I had one and it worked but one day I decided to make an adapter and spin my prop on my dremel tool.At 15,000 rpm I could feel the harmonic vibrations while holding the tool in my hand so now thats how I check my props now.
First the balance then the hi- speed test
Old 03-11-2003, 05:21 PM
CafeenMan

Default incedence

You can check by measuring the center of the LE and the center of the TE from a flat surface. It is as accurate as anything, but whatever you measure with has to be perfectly square to the surface you measure from.

The incidence meter is almost fool proof and I think you should go ahead and get one. It will save you a lot of time and give you peace of mind through your projects.
Old 03-11-2003, 11:11 PM
kegelt

Default incedence

thank you for all the info, i am sure getting the meter is the right hting to do, so i will look into it. Thanks again
Old 03-11-2003, 11:23 PM
David Cutler

Default Re: incedence

Originally posted by kegelt
Maybe a stupid ?. I just got a Global Ultimate Bipe. I dont know how many bipes i will own so i dont really want to buy a meter. Is there anyway so check and set incidence, without purchasing a meter? or should i just quite thinking there is and buy a meter? thanks for all the info. Tom
I had exactly the same problem when I built one recently.

I sort-of solved it by drawing a line on the end the tips of each wing with a pencil, exactly along the centre-line of the section (quite easy to do by eye), and then taking a large piece of paper, and drawing two parallel lines, the same distance the wings are apart, and using that as a gauge on the tips of the wings.

You should find the bottom wing is correct already (if it's seated properly on the fuselage sides) and the top adjustable wing can be set against it.

Put it this way, mine flies great after that mickey mouse alignment!

David C.
Old 03-11-2003, 11:52 PM
FLYBOY
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default incedence

And if there is any question about it at all, the $15 bucks one costs will pay for itself the first time you use it. I had 4 in the drawer for some reason. Sold 3 on ebay. Check there. You see them all the time.
Old 03-12-2003, 02:22 AM
ufdfireman

Default incedence

Hey Whirley Bird,

The prop on the Dremel is a good idea.
What did you use to make an adapter?