Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Kit Builder for Hire ?

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Kit Builder for Hire ?

Old 02-15-2008, 12:27 PM
NoFlaps
My Feedback: (131)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Kit Builder for Hire ?

Just curious if anyone out there offers a service to build kits for reasonable rates.
Am interested in either .60-1.20 size biplanes/ warbirds
I don't own any kits, but might buy one if the price was right from a builder.
I would cover/ finish the plane.
Thanks!

Old 02-15-2008, 02:42 PM
carlosponti
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Kit Builder for Hire ?

go to the kit builder section there is a post about someone wanting to build to sell and you might be able to get him to build what you want.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_7031728/tm.htm thats the post i am talking about.
Old 02-15-2008, 04:27 PM
NoFlaps

Thanks!

[8D]
Old 02-15-2008, 10:47 PM
Cub Man
My Feedback: (50)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what are you looking for? send me a PM. I do building and repair work for others. been in the hobby for over 14 years now.
Old 02-15-2008, 11:26 PM
NoFlaps

Hey Cub Man...
Actually, I don't know what I'm looking for, but all the best WWII warbirds seem to be in .40 size only.
I've moved on to gas engines, and am interested in aircraft that can take a G20 through 26CC sized engine (.60-1.20size planes)...They are a manageble scale, just shy of IMAA.
The KMP birds are really nice, but I'm looking for something more obscure...like a Fiesler Storch, a Navy Wildcat, Yak3, Bucker Jungman/meister, or perhaps a Hawker Hart, Fairey swordfish, or maybe even an odd shaped Blohm & Voss or something.
I purchased some plans for a .60 (G20)Wildcat, and a (.60)Me163 [but that have to remain a nitro]...My problem is that i simply don't have the time to build...I do have the time to finish and detail out.
What do you think ?
Old 02-16-2008, 12:16 AM
cutaway

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Take the .40 sized plans to Kinkos and blow them up to whatever size you want on their mondo copier machine. Adjust wood sizes/types and such accordingly. I've done this several times with 50 year old rubber powered Comet kit plans turning them into much larger glow powered models. At least you got some working outlines and shapes, and Kinkos price to blow something up is quite reasonable. If you're good at kinda freehanding all the missing stuff, there's a wealth of old Cleveland and Comet rubber powered plans out there to use as a basis.

If you're not looking for 100% true scale and can go with a different airfoil than the full sized plane, its hard to go wrong with the symmetric NACA 00xx series airfoils. 30% high point, gentle stall characteristics, a center of pressure that doesn't bounce around, and every plane I've ever flown using one of these turn VERY well.