Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

JR Tx battery problem

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

JR Tx battery problem

Old 04-13-2008, 10:51 AM
PR3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JR Tx battery problem

The battery in my JR 7202 semms to be dead. I went to charge it on my Accu-Cycle and I got the message to check connections. Those were fine, checked the transmitter and found the power switch was on (thanks to my two year old) but the display was blank. Again no luck with the Accu-Cycle. Tried the factory charger and the charge LED does not light up. Put a volt meter on the battery and I have about 11v. I put the meter on the transmitter battery pins with the factory charger on and get 1 to 3 volts. The battery is a Ni-MH 1500mAh 9.6v. Did the battery drain to a point that I can't charge it? Or do I have another problem. Any help would great.
Old 04-13-2008, 01:59 PM
Flying freak

Default RE: JR Tx battery problem

I think it may be the enternal fuse

Try this test turn the tx OFF plug the charger in, now flick the switch on/off qucikly and see if the red led on the charger turns on

If it does id say you have a blown fuse

Steven
Old 04-14-2008, 12:18 AM
flyfisher431

I think Flying freak is correct The JR that came with my p-51 PTS was notirious for blowing the internal fuse when I charged it with my acucycle. I took to keeping a gross of fuses in my flight box beacuse the dern thing would go about every third charge. Finally I replaced the radio with a 6102 but I still travel with fuses.

Ben
Old 04-14-2008, 05:42 AM
da Rock

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: PR3

The battery in my JR 7202 semms to be dead. I went to charge it on my Accu-Cycle and I got the message to check connections. Those were fine, checked the transmitter and found the power switch was on (thanks to my two year old) but the display was blank. Again no luck with the Accu-Cycle. Tried the factory charger and the charge LED does not light up. Put a volt meter on the battery and I have about 11v. I put the meter on the transmitter battery pins with the factory charger on and get 1 to 3 volts. The battery is a Ni-MH 1500mAh 9.6v. Did the battery drain to a point that I can''t charge it? Or do I have another problem. Any help would great.

That battery is a 1500mAh one. Until recently, the cheaper TXs have had lots less capacity batteries in them. Your charger probably started charging at an amp rating that blew the .3amp/250V fuse in the TX.

The fuses are cheap. Radio Shack has a pack of 4 or 5 for something like $3.00. The Accu-Cycle needs to have the max charge setting adjusted for that battery or it will blow the fuse again.

The charger that JR packs in the set has a 110mA output for both the 1500 TX and the 1100 RX. I''ve set up a memory in my Accu-Cycle Elite Jr for that battery. It has a 300mA limit and it works. And now I have 3-5 spare fuses....
Old 04-14-2008, 09:08 AM
PR3

Thanks for all the help guys! I''ll check it out this morning.
Old 04-14-2008, 09:42 AM
Flying freak

It kidna of surprises me how good of a battery they give you with the 7202

The 9303 only comes with a 600mah

Steven
Old 04-14-2008, 02:09 PM
da Rock

ORIGINAL: Flying freak

It kidna of surprises me how good of a battery they give you with the 7202

The 9303 only comes with a 600mah

Steven

The 7202 is a recent release. The 9303 has been around awhile. Although, you''d think they''d jump right on upgrading the sucker.

Truth is, if you look at what the 7202 can do............. It''s darn near a 7 channel 9303 in capability.
Old 04-15-2008, 09:10 AM
PR3

Hey guys, sorry it took so long to get back here. The fuse was the problem. I picked up a few spares too. Thanks again for the help.

Steve
Old 04-15-2008, 09:31 AM
Stick 40

hi,
I have the jr 9303 just got it, can the 600ma bat. in the tx be replaced with a higher one???????? Should I replace it?
I should add it the new 2.4 would that be the same bat.
Old 04-15-2008, 11:53 AM
Flying freak

Keep the 600mah for now,

Cycle it a few times to get the max capacity out of it and see if it last long enough for you, someone thats just a Sunday flyer the 600 may be enough if your heavy into imac and every minute your at the field is put into practicing id say something a little larger may be a good idea.

Steven
Old 04-15-2008, 09:35 PM
mogman

Jr have now come out with a 2500nimh tx pack.
Old 04-16-2008, 11:38 AM
Stick 40

I just went back and looked at the manual for the JR x9303 and it does not give a size in the book. It would be nice if they would tell that. Right now I am just getting back into rc and won''t be flying that heavy. I wanted to get a new radio and I like to get the better item when I buy and this radio looked like it would do all the stuff I would ever want to do. The fact that I can fly more than one plane with it made up for the price and the fact that I no longer needed a freq pin!!!!!
thanks
I will try and find out what bat. is in it.
Old 04-16-2008, 01:49 PM
da Rock

ORIGINAL: Stick 40

I just went back and looked at the manual for the JR x9303 and it does not give a size in the book. It would be nice if they would tell that. Right now I am just getting back into rc and won''''t be flying that heavy. I wanted to get a new radio and I like to get the better item when I buy and this radio looked like it would do all the stuff I would ever want to do. The fact that I can fly more than one plane with it made up for the price and the fact that I no longer needed a freq pin!!!!!
thanks
I will try and find out what bat. is in it.

The Horizon Hobby website shows the 2.4 version of the 9303 comes with a 1500mAh battery. It''s pretty easy to look for yourself however. Just pop the battery cover off the back of the TX and it''s printed on the battery.
Old 04-16-2008, 06:14 PM
Stick 40

your right, I looked at the back and there is a bat. door (thought I had to take the back off, did not want to) and it is a 1500ma. Thats good enough for me.
thanks