Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

good RC simulator?

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

good RC simulator?

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2008, 11:50 PM
RC_Bob

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default good RC simulator?

Hey guys,

I've really covered the basics of flight from a ton of video games w/flight simulation and I would really like to get a feel for 4ch+ RC planes.

I've flown the firebird phantom and have really gone nuts with the crazy stunts and stuff, but I'm thinking of going up a step to a 4ch model. I haven't used ailerons before so I would like to get a good(and not too pricey) simulator w/a transmitter. I'm looking for one w/planes w/fast speeds.

Old 09-11-2008, 02:27 AM
freeair

Default RE: good RC simulator?

all i can say is go for the best sim which is the Great Planes G 3.5 or 4. this simulator is the only one to buy that is Real Flight.
Old 09-11-2008, 08:24 AM
BillyGoat

This debate has raged on and on. I suggest grabbing yourself a bag of popcorn and going over to the RC Flight Simulator Software forum http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/forumid_138/tt.htm and doing a ton of reading. Then judge for yourself, based on the comments presented.

Keep in mind when you clicking and reading, very VERY rarely has any one person spent time using all the sims available making them truly able to give an opinion of which is best and which is crap.
Old 09-11-2008, 09:08 AM
RC_Bob

Alright, I'll take a peak but isn't that forum for the aerofly series only? Cuz I tried posting this topic there and they removed it
Old 09-11-2008, 12:38 PM
da Rock

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: BillyGoat

This debate has raged on and on. I suggest grabbing yourself a bag of popcorn and going over to the RC Flight Simulator Software forum http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/forumid_138/tt.htm and doing a ton of reading. Then judge for yourself, based on the comments presented.

Keep in mind when you clicking and reading, very VERY rarely has any one person spent time using all the sims available making them truly able to give an opinion of which is best and which is crap.

It has gone on ever since the 2nd sim came out. Sorta like the joke about automobile racing. When did auto racing start? When the 2nd one rolled out of the factory.

What you will discover are a lot of details about each sim. It turns out that almost all of them are decent at simulating 4 channel planes. Cost varies, and there are some free ones.

Yeah, the RC Flight Simulator Software forum is a good place to find what's already been written, and written again comparing them all.
Old 09-12-2008, 07:46 AM
JoeAirPort
My Feedback: (41)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Aerofly Pro is my favorite. All the helium filled planes you can ever want.....

j/k I do like this sim. The planes do feel a little light.
Old 09-12-2008, 06:29 PM
BillyGoat

ORIGINAL: RC_Bob

Alright, I'll take a peak but isn't that forum for the aerofly series only? Cuz I tried posting this topic there and they removed it
The forum I linked you to is for discussion of ALL flight sims. There is however a subforum dedicated to just Ikarus products. That is very likely where you posted.