Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Radio Springs

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2009, 08:59 PM
Jetdesign
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radio Springs

Has anyone used the Futaba heavy duty springs from Tower?
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...6&I=LXAEM7&P=K

I know people use the ones from Radio South in all brands of radio, so I'm thinking these Futaba ones from Tower should work with other brands/radios but just wanted to check.
Old 07-07-2009, 11:26 PM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: Radio Springs

Joe, I have never had to change out my springs so don't have a clue. If you call Tony at Radio South he would be able to tell you for sure.
Gene
Old 07-08-2009, 04:58 AM
jetmech05

I have never changed mine either but from what I read it will make the sticks stiffer from center and easier to return.....why would you want that? I wonder if they would work for someone with a shakey hand? Please let us know what you find out
Old 07-08-2009, 08:56 AM
da Rock

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: jetmech05

I have never changed mine either but from what I read it will make the sticks stiffer from center and easier to return.....why would you want that? I wonder if they would work for someone with a shakey hand? Please let us know what you find out

Special needs for special people. A couple of buddies of mine have problems feeling the sticks. Old age and human bodies make for special challenges. It's pretty nice that Futaba sells these things. Not knowing about the existing Futaba springs, I made up some stronger ones just for those guys. It's not easy to find the right materials to do that.

Arthritis is one reason.
Old 07-08-2009, 09:38 AM
Jetdesign
My Feedback: (8)

Stiffer springs help prevent accidental stick inputs. I fly pattern so that's really important to me.

Actually last meet I found my thumbs to be shaking all over the tops of my sticks, and they would have helped for that, too

The pic on Tower's site makes it tricky to see how 'fat' the spring really is - it looks kind of big but I can't tell if it's just an illusion or something.
Old 07-08-2009, 12:03 PM
jetmech05

n ever thought of stiffer springs for shakey hands until I read this post...thank you...I have a couple of folks in mind
Old 07-08-2009, 10:46 PM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I don't want to run out and read my instructions but I do recall opening up my radio {one of them??} and there were tension screws you could just tighten.
It helped me so I didn't over control and they went back to center and stuck when I let them go. I think it was my Hitec radio. My Futaba was always had a pretty good feel.
After reading the replys I think I will mention this to one of the local guys that has no feeling in his fingers after surgery, it could be a big help and I never thought of it or had a clue.