Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Great Planes Christen Eagle set up help?

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Great Planes Christen Eagle set up help?

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2009, 08:18 AM
bcurrie08
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Great Planes Christen Eagle set up help?

Hey guys.
I just purchased a Great Planes Christen Eagle II from a club member and have never set up this big of an airplane before. My first concern is of a bad rumor i have read about this airplane not landing worth a hoot due to weight. Guys say that it flys great but that it has a tendency to "bounce" in for landings. One member suggested that i mount a dl50 on the nose to cut down on weight, it previously ran with a g62 and then a saks 3.2 i think were the 2 motors they said were on it, and increase the power. Any ideas or suggestions on this or the overall setup of the plane would be great!
Old 08-30-2009, 09:59 AM
Live Wire

Default RE: Great Planes Christen Eagle set up help?

You are going to find out it is not only the weight. The Christen and the Pitts are both hard to land and take off because of their size. Use what you will just make sure you take a lot of time balancing the bird and then do it again. Just try to keep track of its tail[:@]
Larry k
Old 08-30-2009, 04:38 PM
The Ghost

I have one and they fly great with the G62, As larry has said, make sure of the ballance and never fly tail heavy. Because of the surface area of the front of the aircraft (drag) the model will slow up real quick when the power is pulled off. You have to fly them in. Only use heavy duty pushrods and conectors(4-40), use all the flying wires on the wings and tail feathers. There was a full build thread on them, can't remember if it was in scale of giant aircraft threads. done a quick search, it is [link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_1387947/mpage_1/key_/tm.htm]HERE[/link]

Cheers
Old 08-30-2009, 04:58 PM
bcurrie08
My Feedback: (9)

awesome link to the thread. looks like they have pretty much covered it all from start to finish! thanks guys!