Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

crash nothing wrong

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

crash nothing wrong

Old 04-22-2010, 08:20 PM
airraptor
My Feedback: (66)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default crash nothing wrong

I have over 40 flights on my revolver. 9303 , ar 6200, all digital servos, 2700 5cell battery. under 300mah load battery was 6.68 volts. flew for 8 mins or so. came in to land and on the base leg lost it for split second then under control. did this three times in two seconds. the last time lost every thing. plane rolled twice then hit the ground. when got to the sceen battery switch was in off position.

once back in pitts. battery volt was 6.39 under load. every thing worked back in the pitts. range check out to 130 feet was good.

Anyone have a clue what might have happened? could i have got shot down with 2.4???????
Old 04-22-2010, 08:38 PM
Live Wire

Default RE: crash nothing wrong

Your switch lost contacked. I mount my switches where they turn on to the rear and off to the front so they will not shut of from vibration and rearward G force. and shut off on forward G FORCE[:@]
Old 04-22-2010, 08:52 PM
jay2000dakota

I use a push on, pull off switch mount I cant remember if its made by dru bro or great planes
Old 04-22-2010, 09:01 PM
gsoav8r
My Feedback: (6)

AirRaptor, Do you have your failsafe set up? Reason I ask is that if you were getting intereference and the Rx kicked into failsafe your plane could have held neutral throws and reduced the throttle to idle or whatever you set it up to do. A clear indicator of loss of signal from the Tx. Of course failsafe only works if the Rx has power.

Even if your failsafe isnt setup, Im leaning toward Live Wires idea that you were losing battery power intermittently due to either a bad switch, poor switch orientation, bad battery lead,....

Cheers,
James
Old 04-22-2010, 09:45 PM
Live Wire

It seems that switches alway's work great on the ground or after a crash[:@] Use heavy duty switches and save a plane.

$25.00 for a switch you have to be kidding[:'(]
Old 04-22-2010, 11:32 PM
airraptor

My switch is set where on is to the rear. It's the cermark type. It really seemed like it lost signal the rebound servral times. I think I will go with those 60 dollar switches now from chief that fail to on position and use two power sources .
Old 04-23-2010, 12:13 AM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just a guess but I saw very early when 2.4 was just sweeping the market that they are a bit touchy to the direction of the antenna to the plane and you can have signal loss if it is pointed wrong. Just one of the little things about the system. Switches and batteries can get shorts without any signs of being bad and jump up and bite you without warning. Any type of radio glitch is very hard to locate after a crash so all anyone can do is bring up little things that it could have been.
Old 04-23-2010, 10:35 AM
airraptor

yes thanks it does suck since cant pinpoint the problem. the only thing that i can think of is that when i turned the switch on i didnt get it all the way on. once i take off i fly wot the whole flight doing club racing. i am guessing maybe the switch wasnt lock to on position and when went to low idle for landing the vibration might have made it intermitent.
Old 04-23-2010, 11:57 AM
Lnewqban

Best guess so far.
These tiny switches are hold in position only by friction, .......kind of scary, since the whole model depends on that link.

Had the switch over 40 flights only?