Notices

102" All White Blowout Sale...

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2006, 09:56 AM
Maudib
My Feedback: (51)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 102" All White Blowout Sale...

Hey guys... for those that are interested...

They are selling the 102" Gen1 All white Yaks on BLOWOUT.... for only $600...

They had me udate the site with a page explaining the minor quality issues... but for $600 this is a great deal I think... If I didn't already have 2 of these... I'd HAVE to get one for backup if nothing else...

http://www.qqaircraft.com/

Old 10-04-2006, 09:28 PM
Rezagh
My Feedback: (73)

Default RE: 102" All White Blowout Sale...

Thank you David!

Guys,

Quantity is really limited! This price is lower than most 50cc planes of this class.

Thank you,
Reza
Old 10-04-2006, 09:33 PM
shakes268

Must....resist....
Old 10-05-2006, 04:59 AM
Maudib

Too good of a deal...

You have been assimilated...

Hide it n the attic...
Old 10-14-2006, 09:45 PM
3Dreaming
My Feedback: (1)

I don't post much hear ,or anywhere for that matter. I just wanted to relay my experience with QQ aircraft. When I saw the deal on the all white 102" Yaks I called a flying buddy of mine and let him know. We were both looking for a airplane for next year, and had both flown one of these that belonged to another flying buddy. We checked on shipping cost, and decided to drive and pick them up ourselves. It cost us 1 day of drive time and about $60.00 in gas split 2 ways. Molly from QQ aircraft agreed to meet us on a Saturday afternoon, Wayne even stopped by for a little bit. We were able to inspect both kits at their location, and even got a quick tour. I just wanted to let everyone know that Molly went above and beyond the call of duty to take care of us. This in my mind is great service, and I just wanted to let everybody know about it. Thanks for listening to me ramble. Tom
Old 10-27-2006, 07:50 PM
gregman50

Ok guys I need some advise here, not from here say but from someone who has had fist hand experience with these planes. I'm looking to get my next project for the winter here and I've been looking at the 102" QQ Yak and the new Aeroworks 100cc Yak which isn't on the market yet but knowing Aeroworks they are going to be a great plane. Any suggestions on which way to go, this is a hard choice?
Old 10-27-2006, 08:31 PM
Maudib

Well they are officially out of their Gen2 (until the next batch after the first of the year) Yaks if that is any indication. I have two of them One Gen1 First run and a Gen2... They did have some issues with the Gen1 2nd run (which includes the all-white ones) But they are fully listed... not all planes had all the issues either.

These planes are light, and large. Yaks are VERY forgiving and very capable fliers. The Aeroworks has been getting some good press too, but I doubt it will outsell QQ's 102".

The all-whites represent a great value for those who wish to make the mods and do their own scheme... keep in mind the canopy needs painted as well...

Seems to me an excellent opportunity to do up a Red Bull Yak...
Old 10-29-2006, 07:33 PM
swk550
My Feedback: (76)

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I just finish mine. It sure does fly well.

Steve
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv65390.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	123.0 KB
ID:	550762  
Old 10-29-2006, 07:44 PM
Maudib

Nice scheme... great job!
Old 11-02-2006, 03:17 PM
sass25479
My Feedback: (9)

I bought one and had it shipped to my work. When I buddie saw the plane, he grabbed the invoice and ordered one for himself. I'm trying to figure out how to pay for another one for a replacement when this one expires
Old 11-02-2006, 07:01 PM
Rezagh
My Feedback: (73)

Steve,

That scheme ROCKS! Thank you for sharing with us.

Reza
ORIGINAL: swk550

I just finish mine. It sure does fly well.

Steve
Old 11-07-2006, 10:52 AM
rppoind

I don't know if they have any of these left and there is no guarantee that all are the same, but I just inspected mine. Great value for the price! Wing covering, fit and finish were above average. Aileron bevel is fine. The only thing I noticed not perfect was a little roughness on the leading edges. Fuse construction appears to be very good, there are a few areas that could have used a little more finish sanding. My turtle deck was Fine. The elvator and rudder bevel may need some work. It is not a big job to uncover tis area and fix this. They threw in a kit from Kirby's to cover the clear front of the canopy and a set of usable wing bags. The real proof is in the assembly and flying, but at this point I think I got a killer deal.
Richard Poindexter
Old 11-17-2006, 02:49 PM
rusty55125
My Feedback: (6)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just finished mine two weeks ago and although I blew off the white covering (my fault for not resealing) on the first day, I could just tell I was going to love this plane. I wasted no time fixing it and had it fixed that night. This is one of the best flying airplanes I have flown to date! So good that that Sunday after I fixed the covering I flew it eight more times, more than any other plane on the maiden flight day. That next Monday morning, I ordered two more, one for a friend that flew mine and had to have one and the other for myself as a spare. Actually, I think I may have gotten the last two of the all white ARF's they had.
I recommend this plane to anyone that hates to spend all that time getting a plane perfectly trimmed, this thing flies great right out of the box. The knife edge ability of this plane is just sick. When you hit the rudder stick, it responds, little to no coupling.

Scott
Old 11-17-2006, 06:32 PM
Maudib

Yes they are sold out of the all whites... there will be no more at the $600 price.

I'm not sure they intend on doing an all-white version again with the Gen2's.

Still as you said... great plane, people love them... and even at the $999 price they are a great value/plane.
A testiment to this is that they are sold out of even the QQ scheme 102"s...

More coming though in the next couple months.
Old 11-19-2006, 08:38 PM
rusty55125
My Feedback: (6)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I finnally got a couple of pictures of mine today. Was a little cold around here but couldn't resist taking it out of another flight. I have been working on the 85" for the past few days, trying to get it ready soon. Doing it up in the same color scheem as my 102".
does anyone know if the 120", when available, will have a white version. I like to do my own color scheems, but doesn't matter, will get one anyway.
Anyway, here are the pictures of mine.
FYI I started a new post, asking for pictures of your QQ Yak

Name:	Xv64225.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	76.3 KB
ID:	563378   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fa87134.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	49.4 KB
ID:	563379  
Old 11-20-2006, 12:13 AM
scottiesoccer1
My Feedback: (2)

i belive the plans are, that we are going to do the 120 in QS scheme and a all white scheme, since a good number of the guys flying them will compete with them, and they want their own scheme. And let me tell you guys the 120 is going to be done right and def worth the wait. we have built several prototypes and are trying to make the final product cost effective and light weight.

Old 11-20-2006, 08:39 PM
dbcaster

I received my 102" all white Yak today. I can say, I don't see any reason to re-cover or worry about the angle of the bevels. The plane looks great. Now all I need to do is figure out a color scheme and put it on. The gear does look to be on the flimsy side so I am thinking about adding springs to the gear like guys are doing on the GP Ultimate. Maudib, maybe you can tell me if this would work?
Old 11-20-2006, 08:56 PM
swk550
My Feedback: (76)

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I replaced the FG gear with GraphTech CF gear. Over the weekend I had some fairly strong cross wind landings with a 25+ degree crab angle. The GraphTech gear held up fine. The weight of the gear is about the same as the original. I still have the original as a back-up.

SWK550
Old 11-20-2006, 09:02 PM
Maudib

It should work similarly using the cables/springs idea...

I too have a set of the CF gear from Graphtec for the electric version (an inch or so taller than stock and more stiff)...

The stock gear is notoriously springy... good for the airframe... bad for long props on harder, bouncier landings...

That's one reason why I chose a 25x12 3 blade Beila for my BME 110 Extreme version.

ORIGINAL: dbcaster

I received my 102" all white Yak today. I can say, I don't see any reason to re-cover or worry about the angle of the bevels. The plane looks great. Now all I need to do is figure out a color scheme and put it on. The gear does look to be on the flimsy side so I am thinking about adding springs to the gear like guys are doing on the GP Ultimate. Maudib, maybe you can tell me if this would work?
Old 11-20-2006, 10:57 PM
dbcaster

I am pretty sure that I will be using a BME 115. I have been reading that most people are using a 28x10 two blade. I figure I will either need taller gear or a 3 blade prop. Are they disadvantages to using a 3 blade prop?
Also, after laying my wings down in the light tonight I could see that the wood seams on the top of the wing are raised up quite a bit. I hope that putting some colored covering over the top of the wing will help hide it. I am not sure that removing the covering and sanding them down is really worth doing. I know I won't be able to see them in the air.
Old 11-20-2006, 11:05 PM
Maudib

A 3 blade isn't as efficient as a 2 blade... but in the case of the 110/115... it's going to be so very well powered... a little thrust loss is worth the smaller prop and quieter spinning... (won't rip)
Old 11-21-2006, 10:27 AM
3Dreaming
My Feedback: (1)

I've finally started to dress mine up. It is hard finding time to work on it with family and work getting in the way. No need to be in a hurry anyway I don't have all the servos, or motor yet. Tom

Name:	Lj23416.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	99.7 KB
ID:	564328