Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

HPI Vorza Flux HP

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2011, 07:44 PM
golfandcards

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HPI Vorza Flux HP

ihave heard that about the tires. Iwill try that one day. Ifully charged all my lipos and Ijust realized Iwont get out to the track until Saturday. You think 72 hours is okay with them full?
Old 04-13-2011, 07:59 PM
golfandcards

Ihave kept my older lipos charged up that long but Idon't know if it hurts the battery or not. Iknow if it is going to be a long time to do it at the storage level.
Old 04-14-2011, 05:35 AM
formula87

You should be okay on the lipos.
Old 04-14-2011, 07:56 AM
golfandcards

Hey whats the best wing to get? Iam ordering a clear body to suit up. I want to get a clear or black wing too. Ihave the sickest idea for a body. Iwill post pictures. I don't want to say what Iam doing just yet. It will be pretty sweet though, that I can promise. JC Concepts wing okay? It comes black already.
Old 04-14-2011, 08:20 AM
JTuepker1

the jconcepts wing is really nice. Im running it on my ve8 mount on the back of my buggy.
Old 04-15-2011, 11:19 AM
golfandcards

why is the ve8 better than the vorza? just a little lighter? what else is better? what can Ido to make my vorza more race ready. any ideas? god Ilove this buggy
Old 04-15-2011, 12:41 PM
formula87

ORIGINAL: golfandcards

why is the ve8 better than the vorza? just a little lighter? what else is better? what can Ido to make my vorza more race ready. any ideas? god Ilove this buggy
The Hot Bodies is HPI's racing kitline. The Ve8 is a bit lighter and the chassis set up is diff. I have guys running stock Vorzas at my track and doing well it is just tad heavier than most but with the pwr of the Castle system you will not need to worry about it and race it like it is.
Old 04-16-2011, 04:23 PM
Carman9876

I run a Blue Lipo 20c 6s 3000 for bashing and messing around at the track. I recently burned up one of the batteries. It actually burned up in an open state witch is a first. I think it just burned up on of the leads going into the battery. Just made a 4s pack out of it.

You need to feed it at least 100a to get is full potental. So you could actually go with a 20C 5000ma and get 100amps out of it.

If you wanted to go with a 4000ma battery you would need to go to 25C.

You can actually damage an esc with lower C batteries. Using low power batteries can create ripple inside the controller. Don't really think you will burn up a car controller but it will generate alot more heat inside the unit. (heli esc really hate rippleand will burn them up)

And on a side note the worst thing you can do to you batteries is charge them at 70degrees then take them to the feild and let them get hot. The voltage inside the cells will climb and you will lose that upper capacity.

If you have them charged and will not be using them for a couple of days of weeks throw them in the fridge in a container. Lipos love cold storage. Just let them worm up before use or charging.

Old 04-18-2011, 04:48 AM
golfandcards

Thanks Carmen. My lipos seem to be fine but Ihave this one that is acting weird. It isn't balancing corrrectly and Igot an error message that said one of the cells was too high in voltage... How does that happen when Ihave a balancer connected? Isn't that supposed to fix that problem. Ihave a Hyperion EOS0606i. that's weird. Iam going to try and discharge the battery with the charger and balancer hooked up and then see if Ican charge it back up. Hopefully Idon't burn my work place down. lol
Old 04-21-2011, 09:58 AM
golfandcards

Is it normal to get a tiny spark when you connect the lipo up to the Vorza ? It does it every time and I am sure the buggy is turned off. I hope this isn't a manufacturers defect.

Any other vorza owners see these too?
Old 04-21-2011, 12:29 PM
formula87

Is it normal to get a tiny spark when you connect the lipo up to the Vorza ? It does it every time and I am sure the buggy is turned off. I hope this isn't a manufacturers defect.

Any other vorza owners see these too?
Yes it mostly happens with me with deans connectors.
Old 04-21-2011, 12:36 PM
golfandcards

Okay cool, really glad to hear that. Obviously not hurting anything then, right?
Old 04-21-2011, 12:49 PM
kmacva

Silicon spray works good to. It,s what i use on my vorza. Has high di-electric properties too. It won't wash off either.
Old 04-21-2011, 12:53 PM
golfandcards

silicon spray the deans connectors??
Old 04-26-2011, 08:46 AM
golfandcards

Do Ihave to have do anything differently if Iam installing a Hightech HS-7955TG servo? Will this just plug right into my reciever box and start working after Iscrew it into the stock servo mount? I see something about different voltages and things Icould change. Not really interetsted in that. Just want to this replace my current stock servo. Anything Ineed to know?

Thanks again guys,

Old 04-26-2011, 08:48 AM
JTuepker1

should be plug and play, might have to trim the tab off if your receiver does have a spot for it. Other than that plug and play. The voltages are set the battery decide the voltage and power they receive unless you find a way to restrict the current going to them.
Old 04-26-2011, 09:08 AM
golfandcards

Okay thanks. I think my reciever box has the little side slits so Ishouldn't have to shave anything off. Glad to hear Idon't have to set anything else up for this baby to work. Should Isee a big difference in my turning ? I know it will turn quicker but what else should Ireally expect from this? I have always used stock servo's. Not really sure what to expect. I just wanted to make sure Ididn't have to replace this servo again. Cheers
Old 04-26-2011, 09:21 AM
formula87

Okay thanks. I think my reciever box has the little side slits so Ishouldn't have to shave anything off. Glad to hear Idon't have to set anything else up for this baby to work. Should Isee a big difference in my turning ? I know it will turn quicker but what else should Ireally expect from this? I have always used stock servo's. Not really sure what to expect. I just wanted to make sure Ididn't have to replace this servo again. Cheers
You should see a big improvement quicker turning and will be stronger then the stock servo. good choice. Make sure that when you mounted it there are little bushings in the pkg that you use to mount between the screws helps with soaking up vibrations.
Old 04-26-2011, 09:25 AM
golfandcards

between the screws that mount the servo to the servo mount? So I would place the servo in the servo mount. Place the bushings on top of the screw holes then screw the servo in like that?
Old 04-26-2011, 09:32 AM
formula87

between the screws that mount the servo to the servo mount? So I would place the servo in the servo mount. Place the bushings on top of the screw holes then screw the servo in like that?
Put the bushings on the top of the mount and then the servo then the screws. I saw a vid on this I will try to find it.
Old 04-26-2011, 01:10 PM
kmacva

Sorry about that, I was looking at the last post of the first page about the WD-40. I was talking about spraying the whole chassis. To help make it easier to clean. But about the spark, all my high amperage models do that. Maybe since the ESC's are such high amperage it could be Capacitors, Mosfets, charging up?
Old 04-29-2011, 07:53 AM
golfandcards

Does anyone race with 5s or 6s in their vorza? I know the standard is 4s. Ihave 4s and 5s batteries. Really like the 5s if iturn the acceleration down. Sick on the straights.
Old 04-29-2011, 10:59 AM
formula87

Mostguys run 3s and 4s ... 5s may be to much for the track but I say run what you loke but for racing I believe depending on the rules 4s is max but check w/ your local track.

Does anyone race with 5s or 6s in their vorza? I know the standard is 4s. Ihave 4s and 5s batteries. Really like the 5s if iturn the acceleration down. Sick on the straights.
Old 05-02-2011, 07:57 PM
golfandcards

My pinion is wearing down a little bit. Iam running a 5s battery and only racing on the track. Ican feel the indention with my finger nail. I would guess %10-20% of each tooth have been worn down. The spur gear is pretty much unaffected. Is this happening beacuse of my mesh? I can't image it being any closer than it is. If you look at the pictures you can see where the spur gear is hitting the pinion tooth. Ihave a spare pinion on the way so Iam just taking it easy until then. Itook some pictures of my mesh as well. Let me know if Iam down this wrong.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl31087.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	101.6 KB
ID:	1603489   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cx76695.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	102.1 KB
ID:	1603490   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bg91978.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	100.6 KB
ID:	1603491  
Old 05-03-2011, 04:48 AM
formula87

Hard to tell from pics you want a small bit of play looks like you have alot of play from those pics. hold the pinion and rock the spur against the pinion and you want just a little back and forth play but not enough to make it hard to turn. ........

Or take a slip of notebook paper (common way to set mesh) and slip it inside and push the gears togther tighten and pull it out. you want it tight enough to see the gear pattern on the paper but not tight enough to tear the paper. hope that helps and sorry in advance If you already know this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.