Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

MBX5R Help...

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2011, 07:21 AM
NOIC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MBX5R Help...

This may seem like a dumb question or you may think I'm dumb for not knowing and maybe so, but I could use a little help. A few years ago I built a Mugen MBX5R buggy with an OS V-Spec .21 engine. Recently it developed some problems so I took it apart. It was quite worn. I decided rather than rebuild it, due to the extensive useage it had, that I'd just replace it with the same exact engine. I commenced to put in the new engine. I had a complete flywheel assembly that I had purchased some time ago and never used so I started to put that on the new engine. In the kit is a tapered cone part # C0702B. I didn't see that on the old engine, but second guessing myself I wondered if I put it together wrong in the first place so I went to the instructions which are quite vague. It only says: "Use C0702B when not attaching to the engine". Hmmm, what the heck does that mean? Does anyone have a clue on whether I should use this part or not?

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...talationi.jpg/
Old 05-09-2011, 09:58 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: MBX5R Help...

Gotta lvoe mugen instructions. Matched only by the epic fails going on in their body design department.

Yeh, that's your flywheel collet, use it as shown in the pic. GL!
Old 05-09-2011, 10:08 AM
NOIC

Thanks for the quick response. Based on that I'll bet I didn't put it in the first time which would expain the wear I assume. Thanks again.
Old 05-16-2011, 05:56 AM
lez1troubles

Suprized that it even moved.
Old 05-16-2011, 07:05 AM
NOIC

Well I'm really guessing at this point. As you can see the instructions are somewhat vague and since I built it about 4 years ago, I don't remember either way as to whether I put it in or not. I know when I took it apart there was just a faint remnant of something there that just crumbled in my fingers almost like build up of dirt or something. Certainly nothing as large or hard as the collet so if it was in, it disintegrated.