Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

Advice needed please

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2011, 05:25 PM
Traxxas_Man_KY

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Advice needed please

I was wondering what 1/8 scale electric 4x4 buggy to go with. I will have a good radio that is multi car friendly, either the Futaba or Airtronics....the Spectrum felt like crap in my hand. Anyway.....what will be a good buggy to go racing with at my local tracks? I was looking at a Team Associated Race model.....I was told the Kyosho is good, but takes a bit to get parts, and the Losi dinged up easier than the rest. Soooooo....what ya think?

Thanks!

Old 10-03-2011, 06:09 PM
Shabbernigdo

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Advice needed please

ORIGINAL: Traxxas_Man_KY

I was wondering what 1/8 scale electric 4x4 buggy to go with. I will have a good radio that is multi car friendly, either the Futaba or Airtronics....the Spectrum felt like crap in my hand. Anyway.....what will be a good buggy to go racing with at my local tracks? I was looking at a Team Associated Race model.....I was told the Kyosho is good, but takes a bit to get parts, and the Losi dinged up easier than the rest. Soooooo....what ya think?

Thanks!

personally ive always been a kyosho fan and honestly tryin to get the parts is about the only bad thing. if you buy your parts from the net normally you wont have an issue but if you go to local rc stores then GLfinding any parts for it.
Old 10-04-2011, 02:11 AM
lez1troubles

KYOSHO,X-RAY or a MUGAN.
Go to your local hobby store and see what he has and then make your mind up.
Serpant is also not bad.
Old 10-04-2011, 11:53 AM
jmaxey51

if i went electric i would get Mugen, Agama, or Losi... wouldnt run Kyosho, serpent, AE or xray. i see Kyosho and AE break alot.... Serpent is nice but drives really weird to me and with xray, you have to drive it really smooth.... i agree with Losi wearing fast but the it seems like the sloppier and more worn out it gets, the better it works. but Mugen is so easy to drive and the harder you drive it the better it works. Agama is like a losi front end with Mugen rear end. it handles nice, kinda best of both worlds. it wears a tad faster than Mugen but last alot longer than Losi. parts are pretty cheap with Agama.

any of the name brands will be good. Xray and Kyosho are the hardest to find parts. Losi and AE are the easiest. mugen and agama are pretty easy to get parts too. Agama is out of Florida so parts to the south are easy and fast to get, hobbyprousa.com
Old 10-05-2011, 01:31 AM
lez1troubles

If you go Mugan try the Mugan MBX6 eco. Wow, what a buggy, real nice. You can get spare parts for the Kyosho line up at A-MAIN HOBBIES or at INFERNOSONLY.COM.
Jmaxey51 is right about the Agama, we have a couple at the track in holland where I sometimes go and they are pretty nice.