Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

3 shoe clutch problems

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2015, 07:55 PM
breadmantripp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3 shoe clutch problems

I've recently upgraded my engine on my buggy and it came with a 3 shoe clutch in which I've never delt w/ one before. Every clutch before for this has had a 2 shoe w/ a spring. Anyway I am trying to install this so I looked up some YouTube videos on how to do so. In the videos they get the springs to lock into the bolt holding down the flywheel, and my springs don't seem to do so. I can place the shoes w/ the springs attached right onto the shoe posts no problems but no locking. I can put the clutch bell right on top and it seems to spin freely. Don't want to hook up the engine tho because I feel I haven't done something right. Can some1 shine a light on this subject for me if they can.
Old 07-24-2015, 12:19 PM
breadmantripp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So I think I found out what the problem was. I bought it off eBay. I didn't put much thought into the fact that it was new but had been taken apart from a new engine. Anyway when they took it apart I think they bent the springs to where they didn't lock. Now here is my new question. Will I be alright to bend the springs back to where they lock (which I already have) or are they basically ruined and shouldn't use them?
Old 07-24-2015, 09:05 PM
mugeyman

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

breadmantripp ok yes they will work if you can straighten them back to their original position or very close to what they were , but get new sets as a back up set they have different tensions as sets ok