Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

New to hobby 8IGHT or TKI3.

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2017, 05:22 PM
Lvmynitro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to hobby 8IGHT or TKI3.

So I bought my son a cheapo nitro 1/10 buggy and through the engine break in and tunning I actually got hooked 😄. So I went to my lhs and talked to the owner very nice older guy and he made me a good deal or at least I think it is. Since I am new to the hobby he told me he could sell me a new Losi 8ight for $320 or a Mp9 Tki3 for 390. I seen both prices for either of this 2 buggies and they are way higher. I am not thinking of doing anything competitive right now just having fun with my son. Just want something that is worth spending money on and that is of a higher caliber with a chance of upgrading down the road. I like the Losi but I have heard nothing but wonders of Kyosho. so now my question is for a regular Joe that just wants to go fast and fine tune his machine and maybe later down the road do some races. what would be the easier of the 2 to mod in the long run?
Old 12-16-2017, 06:16 PM
bill_delong

Received 51 Likes on 45 Posts

I would go Losi for a noob, parts and general maintenance will be less expensive, Kyosho will perform better, but if you're not competing with anyone at a race club, then Losi makes more sense, both are about equal in durability but Losi has a better online team driver presence on forums like RCTech.
Old 12-22-2017, 06:36 PM
Smiff 24

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

+1 on the losi 8ight,
Around here our local hobby shops carry lots of losi parts.
seems a lot of racers run the losi here locally too.