Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

Tekno RC EB48 2.0

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2020, 05:09 PM
RustyUs

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by iftibashir
Looks perfect!
Ha! In the four (?) years of running 1/8 buggies, never had this happen...

Before it all happened...

Pebble decided to tag along for a ride!

I don't know how much material is left before I have diff fluid everywhere.
Old 06-11-2020, 05:17 PM
RustyUs

I definitely need to ge me a 3D printer to make diff covers. That could be my winter project. Hmmm.

I'm probably going to run that funky diff until all heck breaks loose. I have some replacements/spare diff cases on the way, and may change my mind. Probably best to rebuild the diff and hope my luck is better next time around.
Old 06-11-2020, 06:03 PM
bill_delong

Received 51 Likes on 45 Posts

If the diff leaks fluid then you should be able to lock it with some putty until you get a replacement diff case
Old 06-12-2020, 04:41 AM
iftibashir

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

wow - I'm surprised it went that deep without penetrating the diff case completely!!! You must have a micro-millimetre of plastic left there! lol
Old 06-14-2020, 08:53 AM
RustyUs

I ran six LiPo packs through the buggy since my diff got mauled. I pushed the buggy harder than I ever did before. Comin' in hot at the corners; throwing the RCs sideways; grabbin' a handful of dirt/stones, and yankin' on throttle like there's no tomorrow..picking up stones and spitting them out...that's the name of game at my backyard track. If I (and pebble) weakened the 2.0's diff case any, it sure didn't show.
Old 07-01-2020, 04:04 PM
RustyUs

I knew something was up as I heard awful noises. I was only 7 minutes into my run and seen the rear tire wobble as the buggy was going around the track, but I ran the buggy for another 8 minutes. Motor was running stinking HOT, and I thought I was gonna have to start looking for a replacement. I got the next one picked out, but holding off for now. The Surpass Hobby motor ranks up there with all the other low budget motors I've tried over the years. Bearing was shot in the motor, and bearing was blown on rear hub of the buggy. I'm really surprised I didn't melt the hub.
Took me awhile to get the outer race out.

Old 07-01-2020, 05:52 PM
RustyUs

Default Not The Only One With Sore Fingers

Originally Posted by RustyUs
.....Each of the shock adjustment collars gave me a heart stopping moment while attempting to thread them onto the shock bodies. Getting the threads to line up correctly was the worst part of the build for me, The o-rings inside the collars made it tough to feel the thread engagement. I backed off many times; fearing cross threading, but eventually (somehow) got those first few threads to grab hold of one another .
When Tebo recently posted about him being certain his fingertips were bleeding (slight sarcasm) after getting his 2.0 shock collars on, I don't feel so bad now. He also said to grease to the o-ring, then actually thread them on upside down, past the o-ring. Take them off, flip them around, and they should thread on much easier Name:  1f44d_1f3fb.png
Views: 1025
Size:  398 Bytes
Old 07-04-2020, 09:15 AM
RustyUs

My first choice of wheels for the 2.0 may have not been the best. I'm sure different buggies would be right at home with the RD Logics wheels that I currently use.The EB48 2.0, and with it's massive spindle carriers up front, requires buggy wheels with modern dimensions...which the RD Logics wheels do not have. And in the rear, spoked wheels are very good at finding rocks to pick up. I guess it is a small price to pay for kicking up dirt, and making huge plumes of dust.

Old 09-28-2020, 08:38 AM
RustyUs

Still running my funky/chewed up center diff. She's holding fluid yet, so I'm just gonna keep on sending it. I thought about rotating the diff housings during my last tear down, but I guess I really want to see how much punishment the plastic housing will take. I've (rocks/pebbles) already took off 2.5+mm ...

Old 09-28-2020, 08:49 AM
RustyUs

Shock boots had no chance against the track. They literally got sliced up by the pebbles being thrown at them.

Who knows how long they were like that. I skipped my last routine shock maintenance, 'cause the shocks felt great. In fact, the oil I dumped out of the shocks was not terribly dirty at all.
Old 09-28-2020, 09:07 AM
RustyUs

Default Drastic Measures

I've been wanting to put some "mud" guards on the buggy for quite some time now. After the shock boots got destroyed, it's time!
Not sure how well they are gonna work, but we'll see.

1mm thick carbon fiber sheet.

I'm hoping the guards will do more than the name "mud" guards implies. Since I'll be running the buggy for awhile without boots on, my ultimate goal is to protect the shock shafts as much as possible from rocks. My luck, the guards will steer more pebbles into the wheels. That'll make me mad, 'cause I don't want to revert back to dished wheels if I don't have to.

Last edited by RustyUs; 09-28-2020 at 09:45 AM.
The following users liked this post:
bill_delong (09-28-2020)
Old 09-28-2020, 10:04 AM
bill_delong

Received 51 Likes on 45 Posts

that CF is a nice touch!
Old 11-22-2020, 06:06 AM
RustyUs

Current guards are doing what I had hoped for... keeping debris from being thrown on shock shafts. Next set of mug guards will be somewhere around 1 cm wider at the top in hopes of keeping most of the muck off the rod ends.

The following 2 users liked this post by RustyUs:
bill_delong (11-22-2020), quinton_9 (01-08-2021)