Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

Mugen MBX5 Vs. GS Storm RTR

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2003, 03:20 AM
Blakh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mugen MBX5 Vs. GS Storm RTR

i whant to get a 1/8 scale buggy. i have been into RC cars for two years now and have decided to get a 1/8 scale but i am not sure which one to get. ive limmited my choises down to the mugen and the GS i dont have a problem building any BUT this will be my first time to do so also i am 16 and price is an issue i whant something that wont break easily. i still consider myself a begginer. i would like to know which one is a better value and which is better for my level of experience. thanx
Old 11-16-2003, 04:00 AM
caseyddr
My Feedback: (13)

Default RE: Mugen MBX5 Vs. GS Storm RTR

neither, these are 2 completely different buggies. the mugen is a competition KIT that includes nothing but the rolling chassis. Not even sure if it includes wheels to be honest. The GS Storm RTR has been known to be a pretty crappy RTR, although the radio system included is a definate keeper (JR XR3i). My personal recommendation would be the Ofna HYPER 7 PBS which can be found for 400$ brand new, which includes the Hyper 7 buggy built, hyper 8 port engine, all the tools you will need including a glow igniter, and even a starter box for after you break in the engine. Doesn't come with the high quality FM radio, but still a very worthy AM. Take a look at it. You will have to shop around though to find the 400$ price tag. I think i saw it at either rcmodels.com or hobbytron.com
Old 11-16-2003, 11:59 AM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

You’re asking us to compare Apples to Gold Plated Apples

I agree with Casey, Wow did I say that out loud?

The MBX5 is a full on top level competition buggy
It will cost you another $500-$600 to get it RTR. Less if you already have a radio to use
@ Around $400+ the Ofna H7 pbs RTR is a good first buggy
Old 02-27-2012, 07:38 PM
BulgarianBullwhip
Banned

again, I said neither