Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

ofna hyper 7 pcr

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2003, 05:32 PM
MrSavage

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ofna hyper 7 pcr

hey the thought of getting an ofna buggy insterad of a savage 25 is still lurking in my head...at ultimate hobbies they have it for cheap compared to other places. on ofna's website it says they buggy comes with pullstart and starterbox, but on ultimate hobbies it does not mention that. so i'm confused. and all ya'll that have driven buggies and mt's, do you like driving a buggy better (for just bashing)? my rc10gt just doesn't have enough power really and i have enough money to make it completely awesome but if i had 2 rc's, i think that would be better. i have to christmas to decide and i have changed bettween buggy and mt numerous times. anyways here is the link to the pcr at ultimate hobbies. http://www.ultimatehobbies.com//p597.html thanks guys!
Old 11-18-2003, 08:07 PM
lynx the great
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: ofna hyper 7 pcr

ok ... now the PCR is ofna's pure racing buggy!

the next step down is the pbs! it is also their racing buggy without the PCR upgrades

both of there are racing 1/8 buggys so if you dont plan on racing then you really dont "need" them

ofna makes many other buggys! they are all good for bashing so it all depends on what "YOU" think you need!

dagass has the PBS and i drive with him every weekend and i have to say that thing will take a beating and came back for more!
Old 11-18-2003, 08:18 PM
lynx the great
My Feedback: (1)

over all i have found that not many 1/8 scale buggys can keep up with a well tuned hyper 7 PBS at my local track!
Old 11-18-2003, 09:47 PM
Everton
My Feedback: (6)

Yeah I have seen a few races and the hyper 7 seens to easyly hold there own. I have a Hyper 7 PBS with a Sirio .21 Offroad. I got my buggy to late for me to race this sesson. [] They handle great!
Old 11-19-2003, 08:00 AM
Henderson

fiv4fghtn

do you like driving a buggy better (for just bashing)
Definitely. You'll be happy if you get a buggy.
Old 11-19-2003, 12:52 PM
studysession

Can't go wrong with a 1/8 scale - I have Hyper 7 PBS - thinking of selling it to get a Hyper 7 Pro.
Old 11-19-2003, 09:37 PM
MrSavage

the pcr looks so awesome...savage 25 or pcr...I DONT KNOW!!
Old 11-20-2003, 12:49 AM
Aerobirdbrain

Go for the buggies!! I'v driven both MT's and 1/8 scals buggies and i honestly say that i have more fun with the 1/8 buggy then the MT. The buggy handles a lot better than the MT, so I can throw the bug into a turn hader and stay on the gas harder and go faster then the MT. If I do the same with an MT, then one of the front tires rises into the air almost rolling over slowing me down.[:@] Plus most buggies are built like tanks which is an especialy good how hard most people like to drive.
Old 11-21-2003, 05:25 PM
MrSavage

i'm leaning more on the pcr side now, at ultimatehobbies.com i wonder if it comes wiht a starter box though or if i'd have to buy one?
Old 11-21-2003, 05:30 PM
studysession

On OFNA's website says yes it does. It also has the pull start Hyper 8 port. So I think you will have both. Best bet is to call OFNA and ask.
Old 11-21-2003, 05:30 PM
MrSavage

if it doesn't will them team associated starter box work? or what would be a good starter box?
Old 11-21-2003, 05:36 PM
studysession

NO! That thing won't even turn over the motor. I had one of those for my TC3. For the Hyper 7 with Hyper 21 I used OFNA's silver topped box. The box that comes with the Hyper will NOT turn it over until after break in. I personally think that is BS - So I bought a box that will turn it over cold. If it has the pull start you don't need it. Use pull start until engine is broken in, then you sheap starter box that came with the car. JMO

I have had 2 Hyper 7 PBS's - the first one I sold the box came with it. Other one I still have the box for what ever purpose I do not know why I kept it. It has a week motor in it. The one with silver top has a heavy duty motor in it. Still need to make sure piston is bottom of changer or will not turn it over unless you do that, because how tight/high compression the motor is.
Old 11-21-2003, 06:08 PM
MrSavage

alright cool so you're saying that i can use the pull start for break in and then after break in the crappy starter box it comes with will work fine?
Old 11-22-2003, 03:29 AM
studysession

ORIGINAL: fiv4fghtn

alright cool so you're saying that i can use the pull start for break in and then after break in the crappy starter box it comes with will work fine?

Yeah - that is what some people been doing. Just get a good 12v battery for the starter box that comes with it.
Old 11-25-2003, 02:59 AM
MassiveMods

Hey

word of advise. when breaking in a hyper 7 cover your fingers with electrical tape ...... the pull start will kill you till you geat a tank or two thru the engine. [&:]
Old 11-25-2003, 08:00 AM
MrSavage

lol thanks, i'll wear a glove.
Old 12-01-2003, 05:43 AM
bigjdubb

I dunno, something seems off about that website. They have the Hyper 7 PCR listed at $439 and the standard Hyper 7 RTR at $449. I have'nt found any other place that has the PCR for sale so I can't compare the price, but it should be more exspensive than the basic RTR.
Old 12-01-2003, 11:24 AM
royta

fiv4fghtn - at ultimate hobbies they have it for cheap compared to other places. on ofna's website it says they buggy comes with pullstart and starterbox, but on ultimate hobbies it does not mention that. so i'm confused.
bigjdubb - I dunno, something seems off about that website. They have the Hyper 7 PCR listed at $439 and the standard Hyper 7 RTR at $449. I have'nt found any other place that has the PCR for sale so I can't compare the price, but it should be more exspensive than the basic RTR.
I'd suggest calling Ultimate Hobbies to verify the price. I work about 5 or so miles away from that store and go there at least once a week. They are EXTREMELY well stocked and EXTREMELY knowledgeable in what they sell. Every time I've been there, they've had at least 10 or more employees on the floor working. The only thing I don't like, is that they charge retail for their parts, tires, wheels, stuff like that. Fuel, radios, cars are less expensive at Ultimate Hobbies than other stores. I bought my JR XS3 for $200. I would have bought my Hyper 7 PBS from them, but I picked one up on eBay from an authorized dealer for much less, at the time. Basically, you really can't go wrong with them.

-Roy
Old 12-01-2003, 04:40 PM
MrSavage

alright, yeah i think i'll call to order it. so how do you like the xs3? i am thinkin bout buyin a better radio and servos but i don't kno what to get. i have a question, why do all racers use airtronics m8?? is that just THE BEST radio or somthin? i am gettin my pcr for christmas and i'll probably buy myself a good starter box, what's the product number for a very good one?
Old 12-01-2003, 04:55 PM
MrSavage

oh yeah and what fuel is good to run with that motor? would trinity monster fuel be good?
Old 12-01-2003, 05:22 PM
royta

I like the XS3. I'm not really the one you should be asking though. I've been playing, off and on, with RC for the past 12 years, but this is my first upper end radio.

If I were to buy a starter box, I'd probably get the OFNA # 10250 or 10253.

I've ran less than a gallon of nitro in my life. The first 1/2 was Blue Thunder 20% (I forget which flavor) through my Losi GTX w/ OS .12CV MAX. The rest has been Trinity Monster Horsepower 20% through my new PBS. I'm still tuning the engine, so I still haven't gone crazy with it. I don't think you can really go wrong with any of the major fuel names out there. However, I have heard the Blue Thunder is a bit tougher on the engine than others.

Roy
Old 12-01-2003, 06:46 PM
MrSavage

whats the power panel? is this prebuilt or will i have to build it? yeah i think i'll go with one of those you mentioned. ok sorry, i have a few more questions. i also want to get a rechargeable reciever pack and i'll need a rechargeable pack for the starter box to with a charger that can charge both. so i need a batt pack for reciever, batt pack for starter box, charger, and starter box...any suggestions on what site i can get all this and what packs and charger i can get that wil cahrge both?
Old 12-01-2003, 07:11 PM
crazzyguydj

Hyper 7 pro One word--> Awesome i have had it for a while now i have a o.s. .21 vz-b and that as far as my experience is better than a truck. ihave driven a few other buggies also, wouldnt trade the pro for anything
Old 12-01-2003, 07:13 PM
royta

I believe the power panel has a set of jacks for you to plug in a glow plug ignitor (1.5V) and aanother set of jacks 12V. I've never used a starter box other than the stocker that came with my PBS. That starter box I recommended is a 12V box, so you'll need a 12V gel cell battery. I paid $18 for my battery at Ultimate Hobbies. Then $10 for a 12V charger. It's basically just a 600mA trickle charger.

I haven't purchased a rechargeable RX pack yet, but I can suggest that you get a 5 cell, as that will give you 6V. I'm sure there are plenty of options for a 6V charger. I imagine a peak charger would be the best solution. It will keep you from overcharging the pack.

A charger for both? I imagine they're out there. You could go to [link=http://www.towerhobbies.com]Tower Hobbies[/link] and browse the chargers.

Roy
Old 12-01-2003, 10:07 PM
MrSavage

so do you think that i need the power panel? doesn't sound neccesary to me. alright so a 12 v batt stick will do it for the box and i'll get a 6 volt hump pack for receiver and i'll look around the net for a charger.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.